Cant seem to make allied race character

so after grinding my way through legion trying to get void elf unlocked for shadowlands my allied races button that was there previously is now completely gone, i have tried repairing the game 3 times deleteing other characters on other realms reset the ui all to no avail and after doing some more research this has been a thing for at least three weeks no idea when it was reported to blizzard though, i know its a long shot but has anyone found a fix or know if someone has had it fixed any info would be a great help.

1 Like

There is no fix yet.

The support answered to my ticket that there is no workaround at the moment and we kind of have to accept it.

Its almost scandalous that they didnt fix it before shadowlands was released.

I payed over 70 bucks, and in the end I’m not able to start into SL with the race i wanted to play so badly.

Imo they should give us all a free race change ticket as compensation so we can change the char we now had to start with into the race we wanted to start with.

There’s a post with a blue response here;

TLDR: they know about it but don’t have a solution.

BLIZZARD? Why has this not been fixed yet!?

It’s been several days and this is still happening. All you’ve given us is a really poor comment on these forums telling people you have no idea when it will be fixed. Completely unacceptable. At the very least you need keep people updated, not guessing and wondering what the hell is going on.

I levelled a character to 50 (and onwards) but was still stuck. However, as soon as I had a total of 30 hours played time on said character, I graduated from “Newcomer chat” and instantly could see the allied races in character creation.

So if all else fails, 30 hours /played time on a character seems to solve this issue.