Can't seem to start the 3rd encounter

So i’ve been trying to get the transmog set to make my character (this one) look like Garona Halforcen. Now i’ve obtained most of the items to make myself look like Garona, except the belt. So, once again, i’ve been trying to do “Trial of the Crusader” on 25-man mode and i did manage to defeat the Northrend Beasts (first encounter) and Lord Jaraxxus (second encounter) but upon trying to start the encounter to face the Champions of the Alliance (third encounter), i talked to the NPC at the gate first to start the encounter. That NPC left and the gate came down so i could’nt exit it. But here’s the thing… After that NPC left, those “Champions of the Alliance” never showed up (or anything else for that matter)
It was like i was standing in a totally empty arena (well, not exactly empty since the spectators were still there, but i think you know what i mean). Now, i could’nt exit the arena since the gate was down, so the only thing that i could do was hearthstone out. Once i was out of there, i tried to reset it and then i entered “Trial of The Crusader” on 25-man again and the NPC was there again. So i talked to him, again, he left, again and the gate came down, again and again, the “Champions of the Alliance” never showed up.

So… that being said…
What the hell is going on?! Why won’t they spawn / appear?!

Hello Möktar!

Please exit the instance for 30 mins then re-enter. This will unload then re-load the instance completely, resetting any stuck scripts.

@Rejuvithorn
I have tried that. Multiple times actually.

Actually, i’ve tried 4 things:

• Resetting the instances (multiple times)
  • Log out the game and back in (multiple times)
  • Disabling any Add-Ons and then trying to restart it.
  • Waiting for at least 15 minutes for the Faction Champions to show up

But none of these 4 options seemed to have solved it,
So what’s up? Why am i unable to continue / finish this?

You may have encountered a rare issue where the world state gets messed up sadly. Please make a ticket here, referencing this forum thread.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/466/ticket

@Rejuvithorn
Done. I made ticket, referencing this forum thread as you asked me to.

This is a known bug since the legacy scaling came into effect. I think if you kill the previous boss slowly it doesn’t bug…

1 Like

@Rejuvithorn
Also, i made a ticket yesterday after i first encountered the problem but i made a ticket in a different section of the support area. So perhaps, they can merge the “old” ticket with the “new” ticket.

@Retributor
“I think if you kill the previous boss slowly, it does’nt bug…”
Well, i guess it’s abit too late for that now unfortunatly.

Sadly yes, but it is the case with many legacy raids, if you kill them too fast, the scripts that guide the mechanics and phases can break. Sometimes you need to start with a tickle rather than a knockout punch :slight_smile:

So, now that i explained the whole situation and people obviously seem to understand how it went down… The only thing remaining is…
How would it most likely be adressed?

The potential things i could think of is as follows:

• A realm restart / reset? Perhaps along with a fix?
  • I still get the item i was doing it for?
  • Another way that i can’t seem to think of right now?

They won’t do that on behalf of one player issue I am afraid.

Only if you completed it.

If they reach your ticket in time, they may be able to reset it, otherwise it’s mjore likely you will need to wait until next week to try again I am afraid. But hopefully your ticket may help.

@Shammoz
It better not be the way where i’m just gonna have to wait 'till next week.
'coz in my eyes, that would kinda make it seem like it’s my fault when it’s clearly not. This is just a classic case of what i would call “bug”. I did’nt make the game so i should’nt get the blame for it.

1 Like

Hopefully these things gets fixed, rather than expected on the player to “tickle” the bosses incase they can bug.
It’s a silly expectation to put on a player for old content / easy kill-bosses, etc.

@ Nála, I did it the exact way as i’ve always been doing that raid.
And if it always worked, then why should i change the tactics so to speak?

I play both sides. 1 of the other characters i play on is a Human Paladin.
I almost have the full 7th Legion (Tier 3) plate set since like… 3 weeks ago? The only thing missing from that set is the blue cloak. So this morning, i did the heroic version of the Battle for Stromgarde (again) and i did’nt get the blue cloak (again) that means i’m probably gonna have to wait another 3-4 weeks or so before i can do the heroic version of the Battle for Stromgarde (again). The only thing missing on my Orc Rogue (the one i’m writing this on) to complete the Garona Halforcen set, is the belt.

I’ve spended quitte some time getting both of those armor sets but none of those 2 are complete yet. Don’t get wrong, i understand that sometimes, you can’t get stuff right away. I totally understand that. But not getting it because of something ridiculous like that, like some kind of bug, for me, that’s just un-acceptable. Especially if i’m gonna have to wait another week with the idea i might not get it again. But for Garona’s Transmog set… If i have to wait another week because of something ridiculous as this… i feel like i’ve pretty much wasted my time on it.

Simply put:
I’d like to get at least 1 of those sets complete already