Cant start the game / the cas system was unable

the problem started yesterday after the new launcer patch
when i press start on wow nothing happens for about a minute then a massive block of errors comming up, the first one saying:
the CAS system was unable to initialize: clienthandler: initialization error: failed to create archive component
have tried a few things i googled, like removing chache folder and additional command line arguments to -uid wow_engb.
i also have tried to scan and repair, but problems is still here.
anyone know how to fix this?

Hmmm, sounds like something wrong with your blizzard app. Have you tried loading WoW up the old fashioned way? Loading the WoW.exe and typing in your credentials?

I have the same problem. After the last application update from Blizzard. I started throwing “Exception handling message 0x0000013 - Unexpected parameters”. I can’t connect, I won’t open the application. … I deleted everything, I tried to reinstall, without change … What about that?

Having the same issue. Even the guide to fixing the Client Handler Initialization Error hasn’t fixed the issue. Game won’t even attempt to scan and fix the game files. Perhaps the launcher itself is broken after the update?

We’re sorry to hear you experienced this issue. Please try the following:

There has been some reported possible hard drive issues in a recent windows 10 patch that might be effecting you. In this event, please scan and repair your hard drive, then scan and repair the game:

1 Like

I used this guide. It did not fix my issue whatsoever. I am unsure what to do as the launcher will no longer let me try to install the game.

Do not perform these steps if you haven’t done all the steps I linked above. Most players will not need to perfrom what I post below.

Go to add and remove programs.

Uninstall the battle.net app.

1. Press Windows Key+R to open the Run dialogue.
  2. Type %ProgramData% into the Run field and press Enter .
  3. If a Blizzard Entertainment folder exists in the directory, right-click it and select Delete . Do the same for the Battle.net folder.

Download and install the battlenet app, but when doing so right click the downloaded file and select run as admin. Once installed:

• Point the app towards your games by pressing the Blizzard icon in the top left.
  • Settings
  • Game Install/Update
  • Scan for Games
  • If it doesn’t locate the games, use the Locate button to manually point to wards where you installed the game.

If issues persist, ensure all programs that may interact with WoW are uninstalled, e.g. TSM.

Thank you for the assistance. I have no other programmes interracting with WoW. The launcher has reinstalled and still will not allow me to install World of Warcraft again. Is there perhaps an issue with the launcher itself?

CAS error has broken game entirely. Cannot reinstall game.
I have followed the guide, optimized my drives and still the Battle.net launcher will not allow me to reinstall the game. It follows up with the very same error message caused when it tried to update and failed. Again the same error message caused when it tried to repair the game and also failed to do so.
I had tried reinstalling the launcher, thinking it was a launcher issue. The same error had occurred before I uninstalled World of Warcraft. Now it won’t even let me install the game again.
All guides to uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as troubleshooting the errors come up with BLZBNTAGT00000BC9 error code. My internet connection is running smoothly, however.

If you’ve done all of the above please provide your MSINFO file:

Upload them to https://pastebin.com/ then reply here with the link. To post the link, after pasting it, select it and press the </> preformatted text button.
If you’re not comfortable posting these details on pastebin or on the forums, please use: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1202/ticket

https://pastebin.com/VzfaJ79G
https://pastebin.com/7hKN0fbg
I am using a different correspondance email account if those details are required for the troubleshooting process or contacting me, just for ease of my own convenience.

Hi all, I have a same “Windows - No Disk” - Unexpected parameters problem.

Did anyone find a solution maybe?

Thank you!

EDIT: after searching Internet i realized that people solve this problem by changing drive letters, so i deleted all virtual drives created by Deamon Tools and it works as a charm. It seams that battle net applications only works with original storage drives.