Can't update or download WoW

So, WoW just does not work on my bnet launcher. I went through 2 GMs and tried about everything they could come up with (disabling antivirus, restarting, reinstalling battle net, clearing battle net cache, enabling secondary logon, etc, etc.) and nothing helped. Download is stuck on fetching download manifest. I uninstalled the game and tried to redownload it, it’s still stuck on fetching manifest. I can update and play the other games on the b net launcher just fine.

1 Like

Hi, I’m having the same problem. We’ve been trying to work out the cause here Downloading background data /waiting other installation - #11 by Ysbael-nordrassil . Is you anti-virus software Bitdefender?

Yeah, it is.

Thanks for replying, that makes 4 out of 4 who have posted on Bitdefender…

I’m sick of trying to sort this problem I’ve had bitdefender installed since this pc was new a few months ago wow got installed and played ok , fair enough I had issues downloading the patch but it done it ok and I managed to play it although I was being disconnected a few times and had some bad lag but this recent reset update this week has messed my pc up , I’ve tried everything so im going to get my husband again to get bitdefender off to see if it allows the update if it doesn’t there is a major problem and it’s not the rubbish blizzard are spouting about graphic card drivers not being updated or secondary logon not being set to automatic or deleting ur cache - I’ve been there and followed all their steps . We can’t be the only ones with this problem

Disabling everything also doesn’t get me much progress. I didn’t try entirely uninstalling it yet.

1 Like

Took off bitdefender and guess what ? It’s still not updating or downloading so that’s a brand new pc , high spec , updated drivers , updated windows , secondary logon on , every single thing blizzard have said to do I’ve done it I even took off steam for another game and uninstalled it , there is nothing on my pc but wow , this problem isn’t on my end coz it’s updated easy on my old Mac ??? So what’s the problem blizzard and when I try and write out a ticket I get the “oops something went wrong” when I send it , it’s like blizzard are intent on letting us suffer , blizzard shouldn’t be answering any other stupid tech problem on here in game until they get those who can’t even get onto wow sorted first , it’s disgusting for a massive company to try and sweep this under their Christmas carpet and pretend there’s not a problem

3 Likes

It’s been 3 days. This isn’t amazing.

Hello, i had the same issue, game was not able to update it was stucked on
fetching manifetst, so i tried the following actions.

1. Reinstall battlnet client, didn’t work.
  2. Fresh wow installation, worked until the moment i reseted my PC, after reset again this error.

Reading the above comments , everyone use Bitdefender avtivirus.
So i disable it and still nothing.

But this morning i completely uninstalled it, and after reset seems that client again responds.
Hope this helps.

[Edit]
From bitdefender forums , they report the same error, several complaints, their proposals is to add blizzard links in exceptions ,but it doesn’t work The only solution is uninstalling the avtivirus.

After two days of frustration, removing bitdefender worked for me.

Hey all,

If you are still affected by this, please do try and temporarily disable your security apps completely, to see if the game updates again.

If that still does not help out, post your System Files so we can have a closer look into this. Please go through the steps listed here, and create both the MSInfo and DxDiag files. Post them on a page like Pastebin.com or share directly with us through OneDrive. Post the links here afterwards, so we can have a look.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Removing the antivirus software in fact did fix it, but I find it somewhat distasteful that the only way to fix this issue is to leave one’s computer vulnerable.

2 Likes

Yeah, there is no way on earth I’m removing my AV just to play WoW. (That is not said lightly, I have about 3,000 hours play time in this game.)

Bitdefender doesn’t really have a full Off switch like a lot of AVs, switching everything you can switch off doesn’t help, adding exceptions for WoW doesn’t help. Only a full uninstallation and clean might, but that means swapping AV provider, which is expensive and potentially introduces a load of new issues.

What is Agent trying to do that Bitdefender does not like? It’s up to Blizzard and Bitdefender to resolve that. Bitdefender are a really big AV company, half a billion licenses in use worldwide. It’s not something Blizzard want to ignore.

1 Like

@ blizz support - You are saying nothin. New to anyone on this forum nothing that we haven’t already tried , surely someone else in tech department of blizzard can resolve this - can’t you progress this that way rather than repeating what you have already posted about 30 times before - thanks

1 Like

I have the same problem on MacBook Air. It worked perfectly fine but I’ve decided to delete all game files because they took more than 70gb of disc space after patches… I wanted to download it from the scratch but guess what, I’m still getting BLZBNTAGT000008A4 error. My connection is fine, I cleared all Blizzard, Battlenet, Agent and WoW files, disabled system protection (don’t have outsource antivirus) and still nothing. Tried to send a ticket with my system file but well, it didn’t work too. WTF is going on here? Same thing works fine on my PC on the same connection. WTF 2?

I can download first files (90 and 40 mbs) but when it comes to the game alone it stops after a few seconds with this error. WTF 3?

2 Likes

I’m getting the same error! I recently erased my Mac to set up fresh and went to install WoW (that was working before the erase) and now I cannot install it and get the same error you’re getting. What OS are you running? I was on High Sierra before and now on Mojave and it’s failing.
I’ve been on support for an hour trying everything but still no luck. Tried different wifi and another fresh install of the OS. Says it’s a connection issue but all other aspects of the Mac work fine.

Hey ! Have exactly the same issue.
It was working fine a week ago or something.

Now that I want to install wow again, it will do initial download of manifest etc and does the download for a few moments, then presents and error and clickable “Update” button. After pressing “Update”, it scans the files and as soon as download starts, it does the same thing.

Here is what it looks like http : // take.ms/VUO5KC

This is exactly what mine is doing. What computer and OS are you running on?

MacBookPro15,1
macOS 10.14.2 (18C31g)

I’m also on 10.14.2
Was running 10.13 before erasing the Mac and it worked fine then. Must be a compatibility problem with the latest update.
I’m going to take my Mac into an Apple Store tomorrow and get it downgraded (as Internet recovery always installs 10.14 now). I can let you know if I’m successful.

I do not think that is the case… I was able to install wow 2 weeks ago and patch 8.1 around 1 week ago with no issues.

I have not deployed any OS updates for some time.