Cast at target if friendly, else cast at mouseover, else cast at self

Cast at target if friendly, else cast at mouseover if friendly, else cast at self

What would be the macro for that?

1 Like
#showtooltip Spell
/cast [help, exists, nodead] Spell; [help, @mouseover, nodead] Spell; Spell

It’s not the prettiest, but it gets the job done. Reply if you have any problems.

2 Likes
#showtooltip
/cast [help] [@mouseover,help,nodead] [@player] SPELL

Thank you both. I ll try at home. Elvenbanes looks more elegant but I guess it does not really matter, if both work.

1 Like

In my opinion you’ll get more use out of this however

3 Likes

But I want to avoid casting on my mouseover by accident (f.e. shield myself) when I want to cast on my target (shield my mate) actually …

Most people do that by right or left clicking somewhere off of frames so that their cursor gets hidden (as if you’re going to look with your camera).

If you’re prioritizing target > mouseover you need to deselect your friendly target then mouseover someone before you can heal them, at which point it would have been more efficient to just make the new person your target instead, and if you’re doing that you might as well just use the spell from your spellbook rather than a macro.

Well yes. My reasoning was to stay in no target mode the whole time to be flexible with the mouse overs and when I need to power heal I would target and would want to make sure I do not accidentally cast a mouseover spell. But hiding the cursor like you suggested could make more sense maybe …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.