Castsequence is broken for Between the Eyes - https://streamable.com/c69wi

Dear people of Azeroth.

I have tried to make a BtE castsequence (for example a Marked for Death + BtE macro), but stumbled upon an issue with the macro system in wow. At first i thought it was my client being annoying, but i have multiple recreations on other peoples clients, both on the rogue discord, and among friends.

So basically whenever BtE is in a cast sequence, and the macro has reached BtE, it has a chance to get stuck on BtE. It will cast BtE and it will go on cooldown, but it will not progress to the next spell. It will instead assume your next spell is BtE and wait for the CD before it fires it again, and ultimately hard locking the macro sometimes (every time it fires BtE there’s a chance it wont advance).

I contacted blizzard with this issue but they either dont care, or didnt read the ticket i wrote at all, because they answered with a generic “We do not help with addons, go to the community on the forums for that”. Which is obviously not what i need. But nevertheless i have recorded the incident happening with the most simple case of a castsequence i could think of.

The video is in the title as i cant post links in this post…

The macro is simply:

#showtooltip
/castsequence Sinister Strike, Between the Eyes

In the video the 3rd slot in the main action bar is the macro, and since it has #showtooltip in the macro, it will show which spell it is logically meant to cast.

This post is mostly to get some reports of any other spells behaving like this, or maybe just to get some confirmation so i have some kind of data to show them, instead of getting an automated answer like before…

So i would really appreciate if any rogues could test this out (more than once, as i said, it’s a chance it gets locked up, but ive tried having it consistently stuck on BtE for an entire fight) and report back here.

Thank you for reading,

Castsequences can be finicky nightmares. I’d recommend you use a modifier instead.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod] Between the Eyes; Sinister Strike

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.