Cata faster leveling speed

I’m not sure what they meant with this. Do I interpret it as a natural change going from wrath to cata (streamlined 1-60, more heirlooms) or are they actually going to speed up the leveling 80-85 compared to original cata?

Source:

Improved Leveling Experience
Rise to new heights of power with a smoother and accelerated leveling experience.

From the cata classic blizzard website right above the new dungeon difficulties (like gamma) and account wide pets/mounts/transmog under “Enhancements & Improvements”.

So I’m going to go with my second guess and they’re going to change up the leveling speed. But for what bracket?

2 Likes

I initially read it as yours - streamlined 1-60, more heirlooms, and by the way, level ranges used during the last patch. Similar to how BC has been further accelerated with WLK.

I recall checking during Cataclysm, they didn’t just improve quests, but added consistent experience rewards as well as reduced the requirements to level up. Which meant that you’d easily gain 10 levels completing any zone, devaluing its rewards, despite them being better. It was later addressed and culminating in scaling.

I also recall that similar to BC, WLK was reduced. Now 1.6, down to 1.2 or so.

Accelerating leveling is simply not possible due to all quest chains running gray. Your level is higher, but the creatures and quests are lower (less xp) as well as rewards (fewer stats, ultimately less crit). If you ever did loremaster sequentially, you know :slight_smile:

There are only two ways out: leveling exclusively in dungeons, and introducing scaling (WoW or GW2 approach - the latter is about scaling the player down and removing xp scaling based on level differences).

They have said in interview that they are going to speed up the levelling process of TBC and Wrath (60-80). That’s what they mean with “Rise to new heights of power with a smoother and accelerated leveling experience.”
Small note: Currently in the beta it doesn’t look it its implemented yet.

Ahh thank you for the clarification. I might think they could cut the xp in half and allow us to choose either TBC or wrath to level 60-80 in, like they did in retail before they switched to chromie time.

Thats all within the realm of possibility. However, I assume they will just massively buff the XP you get so that you focus on Cata content (1-60, 80-85).

Hmm true but I hate that people discount Outland so much. It’s a lovely place to level and it actually already has a decent pace when you follow the quest hubs.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work:

Besides, even if it worked, it just means I’ll do less of it, reaching the two caps (60, 85) faster. The endless “next phase when” threads suggest it should actually be the other way around, if engagement is desired: level brackets extended so much that you need all quests and some dungeons to reach cap. And then the item level grind. (No, not recommending it, just a rhetorical example.)

Its what Blizzard told us.
Obviously they are not going to buff it by x500000 so that each quest gives you 1 level. You can tell from JJ, that 50% is fine. And no, Cata’s 60-80 is not nerfed to death. It still takes long.

But they did say it will be faster after the new changes they implement. But with the guild perk for xp bonus and the new looms it’s gonna be a breeze. Lets not forget the lvl 77-80 cata greens that you can get too. The last 3 levels in Northrend are the easiest to get.

Was referring to the original state.

1 Like