Cata pvp and casting while moving

Hi again!

I wrote a previous topic about critical hit feeling, which was the main reason why I do not like the current game (you can search for it) and I have another topic where I would like to hear your opinions!

Again, my English is not great, so forgive me for gramatical mistakes!

I know that a lot of people(based on comments in different topics) did not like Cata for a variaty of reasons.
But, I really liked pvp. I tried playing with different classes (Pala(prot/ret), Warr(prot/ret), Druid(all specs), Hunter(marksman), Shaman(Ele, ench), Mage…) and they all felt good. They all had a burst combo, which was really devastating, but still they all had it. I think that every class in that period had a good burst, and I did not feel like some classes were extremely better than other.
Also Casting while moving!!! I can’t be the only one who miss that??

I think every caster had at least one spell that could be cast while moving, which made casters, at least to me, better to play with. I am annoyed that in current wow you have to wait while casting… I know that there are some talents/spells which could grant you the abbility to cast while moving, like the one that Shaman has (Forgot it’s name) but it is only for a certain period of time.

I really do not understand why did they remove cast while moving later on… That was litteraly the thing that made me like casters and start playing with them!

It made casters more mobile. If I try to cast a spell now, I can already see melee jumping on me, and I am like, ok, this is it… I feel helpless, even thout there are ways to “escape death”. With casting while moving, it gave you a little help, as you still could not run and cast, (had to back-pedal) but it was still better than nothing!

I want your honest opinion, do you miss it also, or is it just me, and that system was just a big mistake?

I honestly hated the cast while moving mechanic from cata because it just removed the downside that casters had. It should be grounded that casting can only be done while stationary, and to the core all casters should be viewed as glass cannons.

However I do have to say that having casters be stationary now with this massive flux of mobility most melee have (except DK), that it pretty much flung the pendulum to the melee side. A lot of the fundamentals of class design has been thrown into a blender for a lot of classes, with mobility vs defensive vs offensive playstyles all blended together.

• Got lots of mobility and offensive? you should lack in defensive
  • Got lots of offensive and defensive? you should lack in mobility
  • Got lots of defensive and mobility? you should lack in offensive
1 Like

Are you using Echoing Resolve trinket?

I have just read about it. It does sound fine, but still, I would like to have more interaction with my char when playing the game, and standing still to cast a spell is not that satisfying. I am glad that at least hunter has an option to shoot while moving. :slight_smile: If Blizzard made at least some spells castable, one per each class like it was in Cata that would be awesome.

Well they literally made a major trinket to solve the problem of casters, and you’re not using it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.