Cataclysm (Classic) is

You nailed it.

Thanks!

Going by sub number, cataclysm is the second most popular expansion of wow

1 Like

I have to agree, i have being wow since , well ever, 20 years soon, mustly classic and tbc, wotlk is were it started to go bad, but cata is well just not fun… whats the point of same loot in 10 and 25m??? Whats the point of making raids so short ? We are clearing all t11 raids now under 2h, 1 mob pull, then boss… i know this an old disccotion, but realy why it has to be SO buggy? We had a boss fall dow. The floor on landing…
I have love for this game, and there hasnt been any other game like it, your killing it. Realy, pls give us hope in the form of classic+, SoD was a good start in the right way, listen to the ppl that are here and love the game, freash start, classic+ with real raids and 40men high end bossess, that are REALY hard to kill.

1 Like

I find it really hard to believe that you clear all t11 heroic raid bosses in under 2 hours, but find classic 40 man raiding difficult. Or am I missing something?

1 Like

This might be shocking for some of you, but its a game. Who cares if some 40yo boomers rated it a 8.0, 5.0 or 0.0 more than 10 years ago. If you like it, play it. If not, move on to a different game.
So far cata is fine, more challenging PvE content than in wrath but not like retail where you need to download 20 different addons and 100weakauras on top of quitting your job to do mythic raids, PvP wise 2s is much worse than in wotlk, 3s however is better so overall its a slight improvement imo.

The biggest issue with cata classic is blizzard already kinda abandoned it (4 weeks after release), and once SoD P4 gets released we probalby wont get a single bugfix anymore, and by the time war within gets released the cata population will be half of what was left in wotlk classic 4+ months after icc release

4 Likes

I honestly believe that Cataclysm is already finished in Blizzards mind. It’s live, and they just have to push two-three additional patches out before it’s time for something else. And the patches are probably at large ready to go live already, with the push of a button.

If we’re lucky, we might get to see some small tweaks, and perhaps a few bug fixes. But other than that, they probably have their attention on other products now.

Completely subjective opinion. I enjoy the levelling pace in Cataclysm a lot more than the previous expansions. Levelling in Vanilla and TBC is extremely tedious and unfun. Wotlk is fine but Cataclysm is even better.

Again a subjective opinion, for me the levelling zones are on par with the previous expansion. They’re not worse at all. Uldum for example is one of the best levelling zones in the game.

Just because you choose to skip every cutscene, never read any dialogues, and in general not pay attention to any of the lore doesn’t make the story bad. Maybe pay attention to the story next time, or watch a recap video on youtube.

An extremely poor opinion. Cataclysm has absolutely the best dungeon design between the four classic expansions that have been released so far.

Where would you like to sit instead? “Is a HUB game” doesn’t make sense as a con. All of the content is easily accessible through various tools such as the RDF and premade groups finder. You can easily find groups for raids, rated battlegrounds and other activities using the PGF and then do the content with your group.

So all you did during the Cataclysm expansion was brainlessly levelling alts just to sell BOE valor boots, then you come here and complain that it’s not fun? Have you tried doing any of the content? Have you tried the three different raids? Did you step into some rated battlegrounds to test the Cataclysm pvp?

In your opinion.

2 Likes

I love sour tears of people who dont even have their own opinion as they just follow what streamers/metacritic say. And its not only a wow issue xd

The issue with wow, is not wow itself. Its not expansions that are trully killing this game. Its logs, weakauras, zygor and rested xp.
Currently whole game is automated to the point that we are all bots following arrow from zygor/rested xp and other indicators from weakauras instead of using eyes and brain.

If we actually had to read quests, had to pay attention which ability boss uses etc by ourselves, we would actually knew what is happening in the game, why deathwing and stuff. Games used to be played for fun, now they are for competition.

3 Likes

Using this such as metacritic, stream review etc is the most dumb thing you can do those times, as they are almost always bloated with negative/positive reviews by streamer/yputuber fanbase. Easiest example helldiver 2. Overwhelming negative reviews, but not the game was the problem. Being so simple minded to “blablabla metacritic, blablabla” Only shows that you are living under a rock

3 Likes

Using Helldivers 2 as an example to prove your point is horrible.
They forced Playstation accounts on people & blocked the game in several locations because of it. So if you could play it normally, then next day you couldn’t because playstation accounts weren’t available in your country. Ops , guess you just lost access to a game you bought.

Had nothing to do with what streamers or youtubers said…

1 Like

I probably used wrong wording. Helldivers example has to do with bloat on negative reviews because not of game being bad.

Yes ps did dick move but game is still great. Game being bad == ps doing shady things

Ye but the shady thing, directly affected the game.
Theres no other way for people to voice that concern & warn people.

It’s not just about saying “hey ps did bad.”
But also to warn other people that did came out of nowhere & other changes could be done to, that directly just blocks you from playing it.

Anyway this is incredibly offtopic, just wanted to point it out.

It affected game avaliability, not game itself. Cmon you know it, i know it, everybody knows it. It game would be bad, people woudnt complain as much. You are totally missing my point

I haven’t played classic wrath, but i remember back in 2009, naxxaramas 2.0 being rolled over easily on the first week by my guild.

And Naxx didn’t have a heroic mode to keep us progressing. At least T11 has an heroic version of each boss, plus a heroic only final boss. Plenty to progress on.

Spolier Alert for Horizon Zero Dawn

I was mind blown when i realize the parallel between the story of HZD and Uldum. A device that reset all life on Azeroth so new life and be created again, that’s like HADES and GAIA. Except Cataclysm release in 2012 and HZD release in 2017. Maybe Guerilla developer did play Cataclysm.

I agree 100%. I am rather disappointed with Cata’s content.

BAD
Bad Leveling Experience: Hyjal is a checklist. Deepholm and Vashjir are horrible. Twilight Highlands largely uninteresting. But I liked Uldum. Generally, there is still a massive quest bloat. Why do I have to do 100 quests in a zone? I do 100 quests in FFXIV and I get multiple levels (and good story). And then if you don’t want to do quests, you have to do RDF.
Bad Story: For so many quests, the story is still irrelevant. The presentation is down right bad as it has been since WoW vanilla. I expected more.
Boring dungeons: Throne of Tides, Vortex Pinnacle, Stonecore, Deadmines, Halls of Origination, Grim Batol, are all too large, and/or have pointless parts. I enjoy Shadowfang Keep. That’s it.
Hub game: Indeed, there is nothing to do besides raids basically. I think I’ll stop valor point collecting since it is pointless with raid gear.
Raids: None of the raids have me excited. All the boss fights are generic. They are boring. And some raid mechanics overlapping like tornadoes going over grounding vorteces during Ascendant Council are just bad game design. And we still have poor visual representations like in Chogall when you can’t see stuff on the floor clearly.

Mixed
Class balance: From the DPS classes I’ve seen locks complain about the playstyle, arcane mages+ferals are irrelevant and fire mages are overpowered. The healing balance is better but Holy Paladins still remain overpowered and Holy priests need more utility. Blizzard does not seem to care about balancing healers properly. Tanks, well, anything but BDK is borderline griefing. It’s sad.

PRO
Fast leveling: Leveling seems to be quick. You can get it done over a weekend.

1 Like

So you spent 40 hours playing game in order to save 117€? Considering you bought game time for whole expansion Blizzard probably sees this as huge success and not the worst expansion ever.

Thats weird considering cata has one of best warlocks class designs ever. However i agree demo with pet swaps is kinda clunky.

I played the game the first time around from the 2nd day it came out, played all the way through till about halfway through Cata then kinda gave up, after that I bought the next few expansions as they came out and played them a bit then got bored. The first time around I only really raided properly in WOTLK and a little in Cata.

2nd time round I have killed every boss so far from Vanilla to current bosses, apart from LK heroic and current HC bosses.

The game itself is what you make of it. My first time around I never really found a guild that took raiding serious, but I was happy enough to plod along and do some light raiding and I had a bunch of folks I met on WOW that I got along with and we had a laugh. The 2nd time around I have been lucky to get a guild in each expansion that has been full of great folks that were in to raiding, and it has been an enjoyable experience and while the current raid bosses for the most part aren’t my cup of tea, I’m still looking forward to the upcoming raids.

Folks seem to find RDF as the evil that killed the game, and I dont know why. I played Tank in every expansion so I got a group easy, so RDF was nothing to me. This time around I’m playing Mage, RDF is a god send to me. If it wasn’t here I would probably spend more time making groups and haggling with a tank on what they get from dungeons, I cant really complain as I used to get everything not needed from previous expansions. During Covid when everyone was in the house and bored people were ok with putting 8 or more hours a day into the game, but that lifestyle is gone now.

As I said the game is what you make it, or maybe WOW is no longer the game for you and it’s time to move on. IMHO the difference between the game being good or bad comes down to finding a guild that suits you. Are you competitive and want to win everything and be the best, then learn your class and get a serious raiding guild. Raiding not your thing, then go find a nice Social Guild that has an active guild chat. Like a lot of people I sit in the middle, but I have been lucky to find a good guild with nice people that want to complete the content, but we complete it in a way where we don’t drop people who aren’t great ir call them out. If someone isn’t doing great we help them out on Discord and in game giving them advice.

So if you aren’t enjoying the game, maybe you aren’t playing it in a way that suits you.

That’s my rant over, and long live RDF!!!

4 Likes

As a healer it’s not much fun, especially coming from end-of-Wrath (overgeared/near-infinite-mana). Having said that, I’ve levelled 3 chars up to 85, as the levelling is it’s usual ‘comfort gaming’, but also because I’ve not had much urge to do lv85 stuff after getting there.

It’s not just the expected gear reset, heals have been made much weaker in general relative to health pools, and there’s not enough new abilities to make it feel different.

Running random heroics is an annoying gamble - will I get a nice quick one or one of the long tedious ones? And 30min penalties for bailing out a hopeless group even after being brought in as a replacement.

And that’s on the easy-mode healer, my druid. Haven’t dared to brave a heroic on my disc priest yet.

1 Like

Exactly me as a healer. No urge to get to 85 because literally , nothing to do.

…but once there, doing random heroics is like exactly what you said but also : Will i get a decent tank? Or a pull everything even when I’m out of mana?

Anyway, I’ve stopped playing since 1 week or so ago. Logged in just 2 hours ago to do a raid. SW was almost empty lol. I wasn’t even in a Layer.

NO layer yes? That’s like … very poor. Wotlk had ALWAYS layers on my server, Mirage Raceway.

Anyway, let MOP come already … :slight_smile:

1 Like