Cataclysm (Classic) is

…the worst expansion yet. Didn’t played it back in the days, but oh man! Is a bad expansion in many ways.

CON :

• Bad Leveling Experience
  • Bad and forgettable leveling zones. Beside the “water one” ( for obvious reasons ), I know little to nothing about the other leveling zones.
  • Bad story. I have no idea what is going on, beside “A dragon has messed up with the world!”.
  • Very bad dungeon design.
  • Is a “HUB” game. All you do is sit in SW , que for Dungeons and that’s literally it. Before you say "…but but it was like that in Wotlk. Well no. Yes, it was, kinda, after they added the worst feature of them all : RDF.

PRO :

• I leveled 4 chars to 85 , 2 tanks and 2 healers. ( almost instant que lol ). No, not because I’ve enjoyed it, but because i’ve seen that the boots with emblems sell for very good ( at least in the first week…and the 2nd one ). So I made around 100k in 2 weeks and what did I did with the gold? Bought 9 x 30 days Tokens. Best decision ever.

• The skill re-work. Is … ok. The rotation is somehow better, but that’s basically it.

So there you have it …folks. Yes, Cataclysm is the worst yet vs Vanilla, TBC and Wotlk.

Yes yes, you may like it more, but no, that doesn’t make it a good expansion.

I will mess around for a bit more I guess, but is a very meh expansion.

9 Likes

Bold statement. So nobody elses opinion matters on the subject, it’s just yours that is the objective and true one?

I’m having a good time, and think it’s just as enjoyable as the previous Classic versions. Different yes, very much so, but still enjoyable.

Edit: With that said though, fix the amount of bugs and it will be even more enjoyable!

20 Likes

Weird how “bad leveling” is a con but you leveled 4 chars to 85 already.

BTW 80-85 is miles better than any TBC or Wotlk zones.

Hyjal, Uldum and Twilight are probably the bests zones in the game. Again, miles better than any TBC or Wotlk zone.

If you dont know what is going on is because you are not reading at all. The story is very simple and even from the first moment you fly to hyjal you can see what is happening with the elements and why a broken world is bad news.

I can say that you dont like the story, but that you don’t know what is going on? Thats a you problem.

Why? What is that “bad” design? Cataclysm Dungeon are probably the best designed dungeon in WoW (At this point). Again, miles better than anything they did in Vanilla-TBC-Wotlk.

It CAN be a “HUB” game if you want. Or you can go out in the world and do dailies for rep and get gear that way.

And btw, you can still make groups in the old fashioned way and walk into the instance by foot… why don’t you? I wonder… maybe because RDF is just better for doing “farming” dungeons?

Yeah no. I played Vanilla a lot, TBC quite a lot too, and Wotlk same as Vanilla. TBC was horrendous in soooo many ways, Vanilla was fun only at Phase 1 and 2 and Wotlk is the most overrated expansion in all WoW’s history and Wotlk Classic proved that.

13 Likes

I agree that Cata is worse than Vanilla… but it’s FAAAAR better than Wotlk and even TBC
The leveling zones are awesome and the lore behind it is amazing. If you actually immerse urself it’s better than any expansion… twilight highlands! Pretty amazing!
It’s the absolute best class balance in pvp without streamlining everything like in retail.

So, no … u are absolutely wrong.
Cata is an amazing leveling experience!
Sadly the endgame sucks because it’s (just like Wotlk) a raidlogging simulator. People don’t engage in the open world at endgame.
But I know that is just my opinion… apparently many people enjoy Cata raids

4 Likes

OK… Whatever.

1 Like

Tldr: i actively avoided doing anything meaningfull so the game sucks

I didnt read the quest texts so the lore sucks

4 Likes

I knew who Neltharion was because I got interested back in vanilla about Warcraft lore. But I only knew him from ressource outside the game (war of the ancients trilogy, great read if you’re into warcraft).

for info :
Neltharion - black dragonflight - aspect of earth
Alexstrazsa - red dragonflight - aspect of life
Malygos - blue dragonflight - aspect of magic
Nozdormu - gold dragonflight - aspect of time
Ysera - green dragonflight - aspect of nature

Neltharion is also the father of Nefarian (boss of Blackwing Lair) and Onyxia. So you see, it’s all connected.

That being said, one can say the same about the lich king. People only knew him from ressource outside the game (mainly warcraft 3 and the frozen throne)

I guess people prefer to play game rather than read books. Perhaps blizzard could have done a better job introducing the main villain, but frankly, discovering the lore is also part of the fun.

The only thing I don’t like about Cata is Orgrimmar.

Sadly my guild is no longer active, I would have kept raiding if they changed the raid sizes to be flexible like in retail, but instead they decided to go again with 10 or 25 only that I hate.

You don’t get it do you? You can like it, sure, but that doesn’t make it a good expansion ( as a whole ). Just like B …or C movies. They are bad, but sure … there may be some who will like it. Nothing wrong here …

Yes is very bad. I leveled strictly via RDF ( 2 tanks, 2 heals - fast que ), because after I said that the first char to level through quests ( and I did just that ) , I will never level again via quests in Cata.

In YOUR dreams. Hello? Cataclysm expansion is seen as a weak expansion. Read above about personal liking, which …again is ok.

Sure buddy. That’s why it can’t even have the same playerbase as when TBC was in the last phase LOL.

I only saw Layer 2 max and oh boy, in Wotlk there were Layers after Layers in ALL phases. Max I saw was 8 I believe in Wotlk.

Nope, sadly I am not. I wanted to like Cata, because I liked Vanilla, TBC and especially Wotlk. But … I do not like it and a lot more are like me than … you! Is the reality. Is fine.

They did in Vanilla, TBC and Wotlk. Hello?!

What? There was a post on reddit about Cata Raids vs TBC and Wotlk Raids logs. LOL , it was that bad for Cata. I can find it if you want it.

PLEASE enlighten me about what “anything meaningful” you mean. Seriously. Please tell me. ( No flowers farming or transmongs please. Thanks! ).

Seems your guild have a different idea of what you… like and what they like LOL.

No worries, my guild is also empty. It was active during TBC ( when I joined it ) and very in Wotlk.

And who are you to decide what is a good expansion, and what isn’t? It clearly isn’t for you, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad for someone else. That’s really just being ignorant and delusional.

2 Likes

I know english is not my main language …but HELLO?!

L.E.A.R.N T.O R.E.A.D

Thanks!

the game is fine, just these issues

• vote kicks for BS reasons
  • ToT4W is bad, really bad (overtuned abilities + RNG)
  • BL dungeons is needed
  • vashjr is bad
  • archaeology rng
1 Like

Well that is literally what you are saying. Cata is objectively a bad expansion. You can like it, but it’s still bad. And I disagree, because you’re making subjective claims, as being objective.

That’s like saying chocolate ice cream is an objectively bad flavour because I don’t personally like it.

3 Likes

Well sorry, but yes it is.
Taken from Metacritics :

1. Vanilla - Users Score - 7.5
  2. TBC - Users Score - 6.0 ( I would give it 7 - but hey , it is what it is )
  3. Wotlk - Users Score - 8.0
  4. Cataclysm - Users Score - 5.8

In before : …but but!! I didn’t vote!! - or - that site? lololol - sure buddy! Whatever makes you feel ok.

Again, I loved Vanilla and Wotlk and to some degree TBC, but Cataclysm? Meh …

You still don’t get it do you? What feelings did I hurt you? The game, is , based on users experience ( as a whole ) a meh , bad, etc expansion. You don’t know what Polls are, right? Or survey, etc ?

Is ok. You don’t have to!

3 Likes

And what are reviews and polls? They are subjective opinions. It doesn’t say anything about the objective state of whatever you’re reviewing.

You’re not hurting any feelings, I’m just stating that you can’t present subjective opinions as objective facts.

I think you need to understand the difference between what is objective and subjective.

Gonna try to give you an explanation. I’m eating salty liquorice right now. I think it tastes good, which is subjective. Liquorice being toxic in excessive amounts is an objective fact. Which means that no matter how good you think liquorice tastes, it’s still an objective fact that it’s bad for you in large quantities.

2 Likes

Stop it.

You are embarrassing yourself. If a movie on imdb.com has 8.0 , that means is a very good movie … for the majority of is viewers. If a movie has 5.0 then is a …bad, meh movie.

Same here.

There is nothing more to say. Vanilla, Wotlk - Very good . Cataclysm - Bad, Meh. Literally.

Your exemple is pathetic btw. Just…so you know. That’s the definition of a fan ( I am also a fan ), who will do everything to defend their game … no matter how low he can get. Again, is OK to like this expansion. Is just that you are (kinda) in the minority.

1 Like

Well everyone from my guild is still playing and enjoying Cata.

11 went to a PvP server to make their own 10 man guild, others moved to other guild that are doing 25 and then there is me and the GM doing our own things.

Our problem was with people stopping to show up to raid after Christmas vacations on LK HC progress.

Yes, it’s an objective fact that a lot of people has rated that movie highly, but what the score is based on are still subjective opinions.

You can absolutely say that Cataclysm is an expansion that isn’t as highly rated (or regarded if you will) as certain other WoW expansions. But that still doesn’t make it objectively bad.

It’s the wording of your post(s) that I disagree with, btw.

Geez this guy! Listen : 8.0 Good - 5.8 - Bad . That’s all you need to know. I don’t care you like it. There are people who like this https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460780/ . Is the worst movie every. It has 3.8 . No , that doesn’t mean anything other than : Is a pathetic movie.

Same with you. Is OK to like it. You might find yourself in that proccent. Ok , whatever. Subjective or not …the movie ( expansion in this case ) is bad. Period.

At last we’re getting somewhere. The statement you made is entirely subjective, which is what I want to get at. It’s a bad expansion TO YOU, and that’s fine. But you are not the one to decide for everyone what the expansion is and what it isn’t.