Cataclysm Classic Launch Notes - Updated June 4

Lmao did you even play wotlk 2s? I mean obviously you did since you have like 1000 Arenas played with almost negative w/l (So dont worry these changes wont affect you, you can still get your rival). However half of ladder was made of Warrior pala pilots and coaches. Most people i know absolutely hated 2s as it was trash where you knew if you win or lose right at start of arena when you saw what setups you Are against. Cataclysm 2s are even worse since playing some classes makes you play 30min every game by default. If you had any clue you would have seen how trash 2s overall are and that 3s are only decent bracket.

1 Like

What nonsense is this? Fair?

Its a freaking game mate. We play it for fun.

What point is there in killing the whole pvp scene to be more “fair”

Ridiculous.

That isn’t even to say, that your argument is silly. How is a bracket " easy" … like for who? Is it easy for both parties involved in the 2v2 fight? How does that work? How can the bracket ever be easy for anyone — both have the same advantage.

2v2 is easy af man. How stupid is that getting glad in this sh t bracket. I remember how people were pissed Off because glad was available in 2v2

3 Likes

Now I won’t question your reading comprehension beyond the obvious fact, that you somehow missed that the point wasn’t a concern for the titles from me – but rather that the whole change is going to kill the bracket, as nobody is interested in playing a bracket that isn’t competitive. That isn’t a hard concept to grasp, despite your struggles here.

Its always good to just pull stuff out your butt when you don’t have any actual arguments. If you actually played 2v2, you’d know that the ladder was not all that, as any look upon the class distribution in gladiator/rank1 would tell you (or any for that matter) But why deal in facts when we can just say nonsense like this?

The FACT is that this change will kill 2v2. Nobody wants to play 3v3. And nobody plays 5v5. So pvp will be dead. The FACT is that Blizzard saw the overwhelming popularity of 2v2 in classic TBC, and went with a wrath change, that was extremely well received. Leading to a highly competitive and alive bracket. While all the others had no activity, despite all the active players.

Now it doesn’t take a lot of brain to put those pieces together, but I am sure you will do your best to avoid doing that.

You’re not making sense. How is it easy? Who is it easy for? Its literally the same advantage on both sides. How can it be easy for both parties in an even fight in a bracket? Come on man, at least try and be coherent here.

1 Like

Dude, what are you on about? You’re still building it up based on the same meta classes… :smiley: 3v3 is actually easier because of the chaotic environment where you just wait for the first mistake to happen. There’s a constant crowd control party going on anyway… And with the upcoming cata patch there will be crickets able to hear during 3v3 because of unbalanced S tier classes that are purely Sub with Feral the third chicken you throw in to it is from B tier because there’s not even A tier thats how stronger over all are Sub Rogues and Ferals. Oh and that third player is also some CC class like mage or Hunter. Maybe you can add some spicy damage by adding Retry or Unholy and you are closing this trashy discussion about having it harder at 3v3. Poor as warrior will maybe exchange pala or unholy at this silly pvp tier list… Please go and check how popular are 2v2 arenas on all private servers no matter of expansion. I’m from that hood bro, come visit us and teach some true PVP. Or see ya in upcoming Cata arenas *kiss *kiss

Wdym you’re interrested in that. There were no glads in 2s on most private servery yet people played it, there are no titles on retail yet people play it, people Are going to play 2s even now. Youre just clueless.

Ye did you miss 1/5 of people in glad cutoff getting banned for being piloted? And those are not coaches only pilots and some people prolly got away with it.

1 Like

To be fair, 3v3 was THE pilot bracket in wotlk classic, atleast for glad (more than half the warrios/hpalas got piloted by the same 3-4 players)

In Cataclysm Classic, 2v2 and 5v5 will no longer be eligible brackets for earning Gladiator titles or rewards. In the 2v2 and 5v5 brackets, you will be able to earn non-Gladiator titles and Conquest.

But why?

My dude i got multiple R1s on cata private. I think i know enough about how the game works.

Damn so youre saying 3s is easier cos if you make a mistake you actually can lose the game? (While in 2s playing heal dps vs heal dps making mistakes doesnt matter so every game takes 30mins - thats actually why i believe 2s are trash - nothing matters only your setup in most cases)

Also theres nothing chaotic in 3s if you find it chaotic youre just bad or inexperienced.

What is there to not understand. Nobody is playing that.

Also if you HAD played private servers, you’d exactly know that primarily, tournaments for that and what people played, was 2v2. As is also pretty much all the footage you’d find if you do a simple google search for their tournaments now.

Like hell, even all the content farmers from private servers, didn’t even make 3v3 video content, until months later, as nobody was playing it lmao. So there you go lying again.

Its always funny to see liars like yourself, walk up and claim to know your stuff, only for everything, even within a google search reach, would immediately tell you that you’re wrong. On top of that fact that the overwhelming majority have exclusively wanted to play 2v2.

Its not hard to grasp, but you sure do your best to avoid thinking about it.

Im talking about CC winning the game. And at 3v3 is CC party. So, what does support your words again pls?

Only relevant free server tournament were imo AT ones and those happened like 10 years ago in 3s. I dont think any other tournament had such a quality/prize pool to be relevant. The reason why noone plays 3s on private servers theres much smaller population (even tho i Gotta admit cata is probably going to die soon anyway so all 3 brackets are going to die).

What am I lying about tho? Youre the one whos unable to conprehend changes that were good 10 years ago and are good even now. I’m simply telling you the reason - 2s are unabalanced trash with terrible pace.

I think youre the one making up stuff here Lil bro. Show me the proof or i might call you a liar.

Yes cc winning the game is exactly what this game should be about? Also not all setups win the game by doing cc as there are setups such as lsd2/fire mls/splay/vanguard /kitty that dont have that much cc? I dont see your point. 3s are more balanced than 2s, in 2s you can be absolute trash yet win while doing that in 3s is much harder overall.

Also what does this even mean? 3s have been more popular than any other bracket on retail for years (decades?). Are you sure 2s being played more than 3s is not a result of these servers being dead with too low population to support 3s? Also even these private servers were pushing 3s as much as possible since there were some sunday 3s events making people to que.

Anyway it’s funny i’m wasting my time with arguing with some random rivals who wont be affected anyway. Wotlk Arenas were dead already So neither of you wont be affected anyway cos its gonna be the same for you.

1 Like

I don’t really care what you personally subscribe to as the only legitimate stuff. There is over a decades worth of stuff there, and the conclusions are clear.

People overwhelmingly preferred 2v2. The tournaments were almost always exclusive 2v2 or even 1v1 duel format.

Nobody cares for 3v3 because its stale and the same handful of meta comps over and over in most expansions.

2v2 has actual variety, as Wrath again proved by the stats I already referred to that you failed to acknowledge. Which showcased huge variety.

Which is why overwhelming majority prefers 2v2, which is why Blizzard specifically said that due to its popularity they were changing it for Wrath.

You have to ignore all this, and just simply crawl back into "but i remember back 10 years ago… " as if that is gonna tear down all the facts presented and something you could even literally just do a google search to confirm. But you won’t. Because you obviously cannot fathom or simply accept, that people want to play 2v2.

That is what people find fun. Its really that freaking simple.

3s has been the main tournament bracket for 18 years so i dont think youre right here.

This is false. Well maybe its true at rival mmr where you played however at glad+ mmr like 90% of setups i faced were mage/priest or warr pala, sometimes Rogue priest or feral disc. Warlocks, shamans, hunters, druids (except ferals) and dks did not exist. Wow, much variety. Personally i loved the variety the most when i faced 5 different mage priests 10 times in a row (the variety was 1 of them played disc instead of shadow) or when they stopped queing suddenly another 5 warrior pala teams spawned. So much fun I absolutely loved the variety. Like there were like 2x more warriors in R1/glad cutoffs than locks, shamans, druids (only resto and boomkins, not ferals) combined.

At this point i dont know if i should laugh at you or pity you.

By retail standard. We already went over this.

Nobody cares what retail does.

This is about what the players find fun and interesting. And they’ve made that clear.

Its REALLY simple.

Ye but these changes have nothing to do with that. As i said multiple times it doesnt affect you since if people find 2s Fun they will keep playing it (and people will definitely keep playing them).

Exactly, if you find it Fun keep playing it instead of crying here. I’m the one affected by this, not you.

You either keep titles in 2s or change glad to be an achievment 2.4+50wins like in retail.

With the current change nobody is encouraged to play 3s and arena is soon dead.

Whos idea was it to make titles on classic harder to obtain than on retail lolol.

Yeah, a dead bracket won’t affect anyone. Very big brain take.

You know, 2v2 being the prime format didn’t mean that 3v3 was dead in TBC or Wraith … OH WAIT IT WAS lol…

God its so silly that you just cannot come to terms with reality.

So you just like to gatekeep ppl, nice one bro