Cataclysm Classic Release/Prepatch

When will there be news about Cataclysm Classic?
Silence…

1 Like

Beta expected around this month or the next.

we want a more precise date

1 Like

Okay, thx.

News recently dropped: https://www.wowhead.com/news/cataclysm-classic-beta-now-live-337978?webhook

Beta is opening, yay. What else?

What else but …

THE BLAZING EPIC UPGRADE!!!

give them more money in order to earn the right to ride around on your very own Ragnaros-mount! But that’s not all, you get a miniature dragon with a hat as well! And a level boost because even though Cataclysm did recreate the entire world they totally get that people only really care about the end game, so this will save you the time and trouble (i.e. “we’re fully aware that our game is boring as sin during levelling”). Oh, and stay tuned for MORE!!!*

*More might not actually be anything, but it sounds kinda good?

Sounds good, Blizzard, nothing’s better at creating hype than obvious corporate greed.

1 Like

Another piece of news is this:

*Available on or before August 31, 2024

… what does that mean? It could be released before then, but we don’t know? It doesn’t really align with the roadmap they showed last year:

The roadmap was changed - the Cataclysm Beta was pushes after Hardcore Self found.

so we have some weeks left before cata?

Yes even a couple of months.

Probably two months minimum. Cata is in June.

This thing is up in the shop for legal reasons. After the whole Shadowlands mess in 2020 where Blizzard had to push back the expansion and deal with people asking for refunds (Source: Shadowlands - World of Warcraft Expansion Delayed Until Later This Year - Wowhead News), they put these crazy dates so people can’t ask them for refunds if something goes wrong again. Retail has is it set to Dec 2024.

I assume Prepatch is dropping in about 2 months, followed by the official release a month later.

I wouldn’t say that TBH, I personally feel prepatch is going to be somewhere starting or middle of may, which is still 2 months away, but not 3 and a half.

To keep even more people from leaving I’d say they have to put out an announcement very soon.

Edit: nvm what I said. When the prepatch is in May, Cata will release in June so you may be right :smiley:

1 Like

2 months of prepatch is quite long as well

For classic its very long yes. I also assume ~1 month. But to be fair, the Cata prepatch used to have 2 stages and was rather long back in the day

Understood.

at this point it wont be suprise if they have to delay again after all cash cow sod have higher prio

I think with SoD underway and TWW coming, it would be a bit silly to launch Cataclysm.

I’m of two minds myself since I don’t play either, and just got my main heroic ready.
So I either skip this whole thing, or May be my next month of dungeons (within WLK yet).

I don’t have proof or precise memories, but I think we had these broad ranges slashed before.

WLK was released September / October 2022, so that would be a healthy two year cadence. (BC was cut short and now everything piled up, of course 3 years to fix it would be silly.)

SoD Phase 3 is this week, last week we had cata pre-prepatch with the gnomer and trolls event. In 2-3 weeks we will have official date for the prepatch and Im betting in 24th April or 1st May with Cataclysm launching 29th May or 5th June.

TWW will probably launch in very late august/september and Phase 4 SoD mid august.

1 Like

fairly sure i already paid and collected enough of this on retail… all i see is here pay a second time for stuff you already have done. i seriously want to know if they will stop these before it hits modern version of retail otherwise they really are wasting time with them. if they won’t push this version into modern day retail then i would pay for these things on this version.