Cataclysm Classic system requirements

I was wondering. Wow classic and Wow classic Wrath have different system requirements according to the official site.
When I look up the informational site for wow cataclysm classic it has the same system requirements retail wow does. Is this correct? Since it also states the required storage to be equal to retail wow?
I will be buying a new laptop soon and it would be nice to know what specs to go for since my budget is limited.
Are the official requirements for wow classic cataclysm already known? Or will they only be released/given ones it launches?

Also, on the site I find different requirements for classic and classic wrath while both give the exact same fps with equal settings when testing just now. Is only 1 of the 2 system requirements from 2 years ago correct?

Thnx.

Reqirements pretty much same, cz its same engine, some locations may be abit harder then others, its gonna run fine even on modern integrated graphics.
Tho prolly need like 10gb more then wotlk atm.

1 Like

Thnx for your reply.
Current PC (Which I tested on) is an i3 7100 and gt 1030.
I am considering a gaming laptop with i5 12500/ryzen 5 7535 rtx 2050/3050.
But since my budget is thight I am contemplating a regular laptop with vega 7/8 or intel Iris XE.
I know PC’s are cheaper, but I do want a laptop for various practical reasons.
Will probably buy the laptop after cataclysm is released, but if a great deal comes along will buy it sooner. Don`t want to make the wrong choice.

Can’t give a big advice, got some general technical knowledge, but not a deep one, but I’m in a similar situation except my future PC will be a desktop, not a laptop (using that right now)…and from what I was able to google up, WoW of all games is more reliant on CPU than GPU and especially in a cache area. Don’t feel confident enough to recommend specific models as I can’t really calculate the # of cores / speed / cache ratio, but the cache is apparently something you might want to look at too.

GL with choosing mate, hope it works out fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

The beta ran the same for me.

1 Like

Thnx all, much appreciated.

When first looking up the minimal requirements for wow classic I saw they were the same as Legion requirements which makes sense since classic came out around that time. (or was it BFA?)
So I figured it would stay the same up until classic reaches Legion. But seeing the requirement page for wrath classic on the official blizzard site increased compared to when classic released I started doubting that assumption.

2019 classic was indeed on legion client, But now it’s on the same client as Dragonflight.
I think Cata is gonna run a little worse than WOTLK for you just because of the general graphic upgrade that happened originally.

1 Like

Plus there has been talk about some HD textures, that might play a role too.

2 Likes

The option is actually ingame on the beta now, In the character selection screen and option to download HD Textures.

I wonder how much heavier those HD textures will be on the system requirements?
But what and why they are implementing those? Is that for the people who play the game at 4K?

I don’t need requirements because I won’t play it, just like rest of OG playerbase. If I wanted to play retail I have Dragon land.

1 Like

And we appreciate the constructive comment, thank you very much.

3 Likes

you might not. But I do. But thank you for sharing anyway.

1 Like

Lmao then why bother commenting? Lots of the OG playerbase are still playing, most of the guilds on my server (from the OG playerbase) are all moving into Cata :joy: get this salt out of here. :salt::salt:

2 Likes

Great we dont need zombies like you in cata so that is great news.

anyone knows if cata is bit better cpu optimized? wotlk runs like trash in many cases even in high end pc

Nope its same as on Wotlk/retail, still didnt saw much utilization of more then 4 cpu threads.
Tho didnt saw much drops under 60 outside first mins of Wintergrasp when all fight at middle.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.