Cataclysm Engineering Tinkers not discoverable

I have levelled Engineering to 525 since launch, and despite crafting Ethers and Obsidium Bolts by the bucket (both during levelling and at 525), I have not discovered a single tinker recipe.
Nobody in my guild has discovered any tinkers, either. And it appears the same problem is being reported on the US Blizzard Forums.
Assuming this is a bug, will we need to craft the epic gun to discover these, or will they be discoverable from any Cata Engineering craft? Needs fixing, since these tinkers are what makes Engineering so fun (and gives the player bonuses that are comparable to (if not better than) other professions.
If this is not fixed, I can see other players abandoning Engineering as being uncompetetive/worse than other professions.

1 Like

I actually created a gun to sell on the Auction house and still didn’t get any tinkers doing it.

Update: Last night’s realm maintenance appears to have fixed the issue. I discovered all 8 tinker recipes from crafting 8 consecutive Handful of Obsidium Bolts.
Enjoy your synapse springs!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.