Cataclysm servers PvP

I was wondering are Blizz working on server merging or something? Because these populations on Eu servers are just laughable, 99% Alliance or 99% horde servers, no world PvP. I really wish to see some server merge or something so there’s a chance for some world pvp action otherwise it will be boring to just PvE around.

5 Likes

Isnt this proof that world pvp isnt working, and people dont really want it?

3 Likes

I don’t know, you might be right. But if that’s the case it will be just boring to PvE around with zero action, with that thrill to stumble upon another faction for some world PvP. It just hits different than going BGs and Arenas.

3 Likes

I too would like to se a 50/50 ratio like in SoD. There at least the world seems alive and things are happening. Instead of people running around with just one faction.
If not then why even have different factions if they dont want play on the same server?

3 Likes

No it proves that people are fomo sheep and go wherever everybody else goes. The faction balance is a huge W in SoD and should be implemented in Cata. I think however YOu dont like PvP and therefor u can go on a PvE server :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I remember I used to farm PvP gear, to have more chances to survive in the open world and to compete vs other faction.
Now there are 3 realms (2 100% horde & 1 100% ally) where people farm PvP gear just to show it in Dalaran… :man_facepalming:
“Hey dude look at my wrathful set, I’m so cool, hours & hours of bgs and arenas and now I can show how cool I am” that’s the only utility of PvP set atm. Why should I need it if there’s nobody to kill and nobody that is tryin to kill me lol?

2 Likes

its a proof pveers f"" it up and decided that this is how everyone wants it
this is exactly what made a lot of ppl quit wotlk after servers became one sided
there is a proof ppl love wpvp – sod exists
but it doesnt mean ppl want to play classic only, its just the only way to wpvp is there, but sadly sod has nothing else to do

2 Likes

All PVP servers are tilted towards a single faction… But yeah I’m sure everyon LOVES open world PVP.

I don’t care tbh, I did enjoy some PVP on open world back when it was balanced, but its nothing special. PVP in classic is just about being higher level/better geared then 1 shot the opponent. Its not a great PVP game.

Great for you. PvE servers exsist for players like you. And PvP servers should also exist

1 Like

I ganked and got ganked whole day on Mograine. Also the semi dead Alliance faction did daily Og raids. Also spontaneous groups formed and went infront of Og to do some duels with horde, where good times 2 months ago :smiling_face_with_tear:
Now I was forced to switch to Firejunk to do pugs with elitistic parse andy’s, noobs and people that leave the raid after 1x wipe, while there is no PvP at all.
Since then I also level a undead rogue to gank those kids getting a few rage whispers but that’s it, it’s not the same as on Mograine seriously Blizz should cap those factions because those gacha kids abuse the pvp servers for their pve gdkp nonsense.

1 Like

I have always played on PVP servers and I don’t mind it at all, but across the history of wow it has NEVER worked out :smiley: There is a reason retail went with the warmode, oh and warmode layer is dead. Surprise!