Catalyst transmog

How does it work? Is it connected to the item’s ilevel or its rank?

For example I want the Paladin Normal set, if my Champion gear goes above 424 will it give me the Heroic transmog?

Should I just get 424 Champion gear and do something else for 3 months until the Catalyst has enough charges? Or is it safe to upgrade Champion gear above 424?

Should work like it always did: Once you get an itlvl that is around the LFR itlvl, it will give u LFR color. Normal Itlvl, Normal Color, Heroic Itlvl, Heroic color, Mythic Itlvl, Mythic color

1 Like

The community has figured out Catalyst breakpoints for gear in Season 2. Courtesy of TrillumSilver.

• Season 2 items eligible for the Catalyst must be of Veteran rank or higher.
  • Item Level 405-411 items convert to gear with Raid Finder appearances.
  • Item Level 415-424 items convert to gear with Normal Difficulty appearances.
  • Item Level 428-437 items will convert to gear with Heroic Difficulty appearances.
  • Item Level 441+ items will convert to gear with Mythic Difficulty appearances.
  • Upgraded Bloody Tokens (item level 411) gear converts to Normal Difficulty transmog.
  • Non-upgrade Bloody Tokens gear cannot be converted.
9 Likes

Thank you for sharing this, it’s exactly what I was looking for.

2 Likes

Great, nice to have this info in advance for a change.

Inaccurate.

All my PvP gear from Season 1 was at Duelist rating, which should have translated into Heroic appearances.

It only gave me normal appearances, regardless of ilvl.

If I have a 405 piece and mog it to RF, then upgrade it to 415, will it unlock the next mog?

Yes, it’s a nice way to unlock appearances.

1 Like

nice one.

given I’m mostly a mog hunter, I approve of this!

When you say mog it to RF do you mean convert it in the catalyst? Because that’s what you’d need to do.

I may have misunderstood the intitial question.

For example

I have a 405 piece of suffused
I put it through the catalyst and get an rf piece.

Can I then continue to upgrade that rf piece and when it hits 415 (or whatever the threshold is, I forget off the top of my head) it will unlock the normal mog for that piece?

1 Like

Ah. I was referring to PVE gear. If It Is like that for pvp Gear, golly blizz messed up there.

Yes with the catalyst you can do that. Convert it at the lowest level then keep upgrading it to the other levels to unlock the appearances.

1 Like

Punyelf, the Fact-bringer.

Is that possible with the questing gear?

I’m mostly interested in the LFR and normal set so without having to farm those 2 difficulties I need to get some Zaralzk questing gear and convert it at ilvl 405?

So sill I be able to kzep upgrading the newly created tier piece?

I’m not sure what label the questing gear has, the list says Veteran or higher.

Hmm okay thanks!

Can confirm that Veteran level Questing/World Gear doesn’t convert. Even when levelled up from 402-405.

However Suffused Gear does convert

So source of gear matters, not just level. And that’s really annoying!

1 Like

Champion gear you get from the “do 5 heroic dungeons” also doesn’t work.

Which is probably a good thing because that is maybe the stalest content ever. I was going to do it on my Warrior every week but I couldn’t be bothered and didn’t even do it once. Fortunately.

1 Like

Kudos to Trillumsilver.

But i dont understand why Blizzard cant supply said table when they “activate” the catalyst.
Like this reset it got activated and we knew because they announced it when the patch 10.1 did hit.

But why not a blue post last weekend with:
“Players, the catalyt will open tuesday and wednesday and it functions like normal and here is a table with itemlevels needed for appearances”

Overall i do think they could communicate better about it. Its a minor thing but still.
And i would love to see the quest disappear to unlock a charge each week.

Not that it is such a big deal to finish, but it feels a bit arbitrary and useless.
Why the: do enough group content else no charge…