Catapults could not on their own reach Teldrassil

We all know that Teldrassil is so far in the sea that Horde catapults could never reach them, so the logical conclusion is that Elune blessed the catapults and set the tree on fire.

2 Likes

Impossible. Elune doesn’t have that much power

1 Like

Catapults can’t melt steel beams. Teldrassil was an inside job.

2 Likes

It’s indeed unrealistic, because logically it also means with those catapults, the Horde could actually hit any Alliance base in the Barrens or Ashenvale from Durotar for example, as the distance would be roughly the same.

In my opinion Blizzard could have simply used Goblin zeppelins. Just load some zeppelins with some firebombs and let some Goblins fly them against Teldrassil to blow them up and set it on fire. That would have worked way more realistically.

BUT Kamikaze Zeppelins probably would have resembled 9/11 a bit too much, I guess. So in order to not hurt the sensitivity of the players (especially the american ones), they chose to go with catapults instead even if it did not make a lot of sense…

1 Like

And fricking AZERITE! I had to suffer through multiple chapters of goblin/gnome-canoodling, while they experimented on Azerite and found such fun effects like explosions, and… oh, yes, GROWING OR WILTING PLANTS. The setup was there! There was no reason to go with no explanation, they already had one! Blizzard is just… ARGHS! I still hate thinking about that one…

2 Likes

While the rest of the book was about the Light being really cool and Anduin being the best person on Azeroth. Honestly the goblin/gnome-canoodling parts were the least painful ones to me. And they still stung.

Also a goblin/dwarf couple would have been better, I think. Not sure if it’s still a canon aspect of the Dwarf race but initially the Dwarves were depicted just as greedy and gluttons for gold and other valuable stuff as Goblins, and greed was the main reason for the Dwarves for digging around, not knowledge about their origins like it was changed later. Unlike the Gnomes some Dwarves also just love to blow stuff up like Goblins for no reason.

So Goblins and Dwarves would have a common theme and not a direct rivalry between their races like Goblins and Gnomes do…

I think there is some next level 5D chess going on with sylvanas and Elune, they are most likely in a secret accord with each other and the Jailer is nothing but a mere pawn. This is why she blessed the catapults and denied Tyrande the ultimate puppet her vengeance.

I’d say she resembles Hakkar a bit but disguises her cruely and blood sacrifice into goodwill and greater good necessity which makes her even more evil and devious.

I mean… it took 100 novice mages, without titan blood to incinerate all the hopes of the biggest Troll army since the Empire of Zul. Can’t link the image from the Chronicles, but sufficed to say using casters would have been much better.

but those was 100 evolved titan constructs with human potential tm :wink: arcane is the domain of the titans after all stands to reason that their creation would be the superior caster races :stuck_out_tongue: what does a bunch of troll mongrels have against the glory of the titans finest creations

At least it was confirmed in the latest book, that we got our Ashenvale forest back. )

Would be nice to see that reflected in the game :confused:

1 Like

Probably only the roads, and only the western part, because Rexxar could still travel through the forest unnoticed, far from the roads. It was difficult for the Night Elves to control all of Ashenvale when they had full population after all, so much less now.

I noticed Blizzard just returned almost all the zones basically to the status quo before the Fourth War (either because they are lazy, or as a setup for a new war in the future). So the Orcs should still have a presence in the eastern part. Anyway we know the Night Elves sentinels only watch the roads and not all the forest at least.

my friend pointed out how stupid that line was you’d be more in danger in the forest then on the road in the night elves own terrority if the hak writers even know their own lore which is doubtful at this point what kind of moron tries to travel through the domain of any elf in any fantasy setting ever

Also the army is pretty much intact since they was duped into going to silthus which allowed this blunder to happen in the first

1 Like

It sounds stupid but you have to remember the Night Elves have a much reduced population now, even if the army is okay they basically don’t have civilians anymore living in Ashenvale. So they can control only what it is important for them (the roads between their military outposts). So the Horde can still pass and travel through the empty forests if they want.

It’s the same for the Blood Elves, in the Ghostlands there are no civilians so they actually control and check very little territory, just the roads between Tranquillien and the borders of Thalassian Pass where there is the first Elven Gate before the Plaguelands. All the rest is unchecked when there is no danger of a war. Which is the reason Alleria was able to freely sneak around the forests of the Ghostlands and recruit the Void Elves :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.