Catch up mechanics on covenants & legendary gear for alts

Hello there, this is my very first community post that i do and wanna share some ideas i have for catch up systems on alts regarding mission table companion lvls/covenant building lvls/soul ash. To begin with i think that soul ash should be season capped like conquest points are, and people can farm layer 8 a lot of times to get the normal amount 570 each time u do :slight_smile: . Second u will be able to get all your covenant companions by doing so and that will add to my 2nd idea about covenant companions. I believe there should be a vendor of some short that will sell contacts for companion levels for either gold or much better anima IMO so ppl dont abuse this system and turn this mission table like the thing we had back in WoD. I also wanna add that maw souls should be season capped as well so ppl can catch up on their covenant buildings and only farm the anima needed to do the covenant building upgrades OR add blueprints to the vendor i mentioned above for covenant building lvls like the garrison blueprint guy we had back in WoD. Thats my idea on alt catch up regarding covenant Buildings/Companions/Legendary gear. What do u guys think? :smiley:

General Kenobi!

Now, joke aside, I think the biggest issue with Covenant catch up is the lack of clarity from Blizzard on how Renown catch up works. I changed covenant recently and it feels like there is some sort of hidden soft cap where there are days I don’t get any renown at all, and then all of a sudden I can get 3 renown in a row from 3 instances, it’s not just RNG, it clearly feels like you reach some “checkpoint” that allows you to gain renown again. The “just do content” crap they say is too vague and they don’t really wanna share how it works for some reason.

All of your suggestions reward not playing the game right now and instead waiting a month or two until you have a ton to catch up on.

Generally speaking WoW’s problem is the fact that it is designed around these bad progression mechanics.

I don’t think catch up on soul ash is needed. You can get your 190 legendary in a matter of days, and after that, as you’re getting your other gear, in 4-5 weeks you can straight up upgrade to a 235 one, skipping all other tiers. As you only really NEED one legendary, there’s no need for catch up on soul ash. Same with stygia - no need to catch up on it.

The mission table simply needs to be removed. Trying to fix it is useless to me. Just remove it. It’s a mobile-tier retention mechanic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.