Change account's holder name

I used a made up holder name for my Blizzard account few years ago when I signed in.
While the name isn’t really fictional (like a cartoon character or what not) it is pretty obviously not real, it is even made up of my first name broke down into a full name.
Tried pointing that out to Blizzard and they won’t accept it, saying that it is impossible to change the account’s holder name unless the person whose name is on the account accepts a transfer, which is impossible for me to do since there is no such person.
Is there anything I can do?

1 Like

This has come up many times before, and it seems that Blizzard absolutely will NOT change the name on an account, even if its obviously made up.

Except in cases where its a parent or guardian transferring an account to someone who was previously a minor.

I guess its a “kind of” punishment for using a fake name in the first place.

Part of the Terms of Use say you have to supply correct details. Now you know why.

When you create or update an Account, you must:

provide Blizzard with accurate and up to date information that is personal to you, such as, but not limited to, your name and email address.

My female friend got married and asked to change her name to reflect this, She got asked for her marriage papers as proof, They are really strict about it.

Hello Tangaran,

As others have mentioned, the name on an account can only be changed in a limited set of specific circumstances. You can also read more about this here: Updating the Account Holder Name.

If you already contacted support directly and the request was denied, asking again on the forums won’t change the outcome.

Really sucks because so many people do this when they first make an account as kids. But I get it.
Thank you all anyway.

2 Likes

I think it’s more of a countermeasure to prevent character transfer between different people so you can’t sell your character.

3 Likes