Change of tact : come give your concerns

guys, lots of reading on here we seem to all have voiced in one way or another concerns about this class and all noted a percieved lack of attention of late. The warwithin feed back lists the same concerns across all three specs.

if you could ignore your inner voice for a moment telling you “dont bother” please list here your individual feedback/concerns with your preferred spec.

we arent all going to agree, thats not the point to this. im hoping rather the common themes should be able to be picked out and used to develop the class/spec trees which are in need of some love.

we all know functional isnt the same as enjoyable.

For me i play unholys so ill feedback that.

wound generation needs to be no RNG and decent applications.

bursing sores should be just what wounds do on death should also spread damage to others or infect others with the wounds not just be lost.

ebon fever - SO boring yet mandatory dump it and put that power into the dot from base.

Deathstrike lacking in power (PVP) doesnt need to be insane but at trade for dps it needs to do something.

too many talents mandatory and also boring? give us some new toys to use.

tune/work for Mythic plus (most played game mode)

target switching is a PITA and we take way too long to get started rolling dps. in packs they die before we get going.

PVP needs survial work should be.

• get back to the core of a DK, a fallen paladin. unstoppable force to be reckoned with.
1 Like

appricate the concerns, but the problems lie in the devs not even understanding the issues we raise, its like talking german to someone from the philippines with no knowledge of the lagnuages on eother front.

they dont play the spec they design, wanna know waht specs they do play? Warrior rogue and mage for starters, the flow, the feel, the meaningful talents AND the severely reduced bloat on the talent tree is obvious in comparison to ALL DK specs

As a Frost and blood DK player Arms and Prot are basically us, but better, in feel and power, prot warriors have superiour mitigation tools, while rivaling the healing that blood is famed for, aswell as having a wonderful gameplay loop of anger management CD reduction on avatar and more, giving you burst and awesome damage to boot.
And we all know how much Arms does the proverbial procreation act, how much pressure an arms warrior puts on any target they focus in PvP is not something to scoff at, and in PvE i enjoy it a great deal more than frost DK, even if Fury might be a bvetter minmax spec for pure PvE, that i dont know.

the icecap cd reduction on crits on pillar of frost is still extrmely clunky and subpar, while warriors simply need to spend rage to get immideate results in their almost exaclty similar cooldown reduciton mechanics. Warriors are also not built around Avatar, where Frost Dk is, you dont maximise your pillar window? GG, an arms warrior is ready to reck all day every day in comparison.

2 Likes

it’s sad when after so many years of feedback and so many ideas that have been given only the most simple and brain dead changes has been done, and the worst blizzard have slowly turned Unholy DK to a generic burst spec instead of being Rot/Minion spec truly saddening thing.

i highly recommend taking a look at the forum post i made a few days ago for what i wish for unholy to be changed/added/improved.

2 Likes

Hello fellow doomers… Have you suffered well today?

Going to refrain from mentioning anything to do with new hero talents and keep that for the main post on this forum.

I used to main frost in Legion, then swapped to UH BfA onwards. I’ve done a bit of tanking have 3 or 4 timed high keys as a tank but generally not very knowledgeable as blood. UH is my area of focus.

Just like you said, the wound system needs to be revisited to not have RNG whatsoever. It is basically an inferior version of combo points and holy power.

Completely mandatory talent bloat. The amount of talents we simply have to spec in because we’re otherwise useless is astounding. That’s true both on class tree, and spec trees. (100% true on frost too)

This next one might be the most serious one as it’s in the core of gameplay too. Identity crisis in this class is absolutely real, and only seems to be getting worst with WW (a lot of maw related talents creeping in I see you…). Unholy is multiple fantasies baked in to one. Disease/plague spreader, necromancer/control of minions, and finally some sort of shadow/death antithesis to paladin kind of vibe.

In theory we very much are all 3, in practice on the other hand, it just feels like we got the worst bit of all fantasies: really weak melee attacks, boring set and forget dots, minions with minimal to no interaction with our gameplay. This is clearly reflected in our talents too. The job of the talent tree should be to be the conduit that materializes the fantasy into gameplay. The solution here isn’t easy for sure, but it basically has to come down to a full overhaul of the class.

Runeforging well that’s just an old and outdated system. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy not having to buy enchants for my weapons but surely there’s some way to breath life into this system. Fallen Crusader is just so important as a buff, it might as well be a talent on the class tree, so we can make room for some different effects.

Frost wise, like most people here I don’t want there to be any DD interaction whatsoever. Make frostscythe a strong ability or even baseline. Make breath baseline and then have different sides of the tree transform how it plays. Finally decide if it will be dual wield or 2h, don’t let it do both. For convenience I would say make it 2H only so you can have one weapon for all 3 specs.

Blood is definitely a very interesting tank to play. My friend has a lot more specific comments on it as he mained bdk for a while now, but for me the most annoying part is those moments at the start of the pull that we’re absolutely super squishy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.