Change Server without login

Hi,
since several people complained that they can’t login to their normal server and can’t access the realm list to play on a lower population server either, here’s a quick tip:

• Open WTF/Config.wtf in your WoW directory with a text editor
  • add this line to the end: SET disableAutoRealmSelect “1”
  • save and login and you should see the realm list instead of being logged into your default server right away

Note: that line will be automatically removed from your config once you selected a realm from the list, so if you pick another server that’s not working you will have to repeat those steps. :slight_smile:

Maybe this helps some people.

I tried this and it didn’t work - I didn’t get to choose realm. The login servers might be down? Thanks for trying to help out though!

You have to get past the WoW login still, but you can skip the auto-login into your realm and instead choose a different one.

WoW has some strange three tier login… first into the Battle Net account, then into the WoW account and finally into the game server itself.

Login was down for me a couple of minutes ago, but seems to be working again now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.