Change Void Bolt to replace Mind Blast during Voidform

Aside from Shadow’s glaring AOE problems (mind sear as a channeling spell needs to be reworked into something that is cast & forget like Blizzard or Rain of Fire) - I strongly feel Shadow’s GCD bloat during void form perpetuates the old “rushed” feeling we had during our burst where you feel like you’re not dpsing efficiently due to too many things coming off cooldown/running out too quickly. It feels massively unsatisfying.

Whenever we enter void form, you find yourself spamming void bolts and mind blasts to the point where you feel like you’re missing out on the cooldowns if you press anything else (trinkets/power infusion/mindgames/dots/shadow crash/ e.t.c).

Void form, and Spriests in general would feel a hell of a lot smoother if Void Bolt was baked into Mind Blast. “Void Blast” - Does the damage of Mind Blast + Void Bolt, and has the dot extension mechanic (both MB and VB hit like noodles too, so combining their damage would feel great). This along with reworking Mind Sear into an AOE cast and forget would massively improve the class imo.

10 Likes

I’m actually not opposed to this :+1:

I played around with an idea myself, based on kyrian’s Boon of the Ascended.
Like, it gives you access to Ascended Blast/Nova that functions very similarly
to how Voidform’s access to Void Bolt.

Have Void Bolt gain a similar effect to Ascended Blast, and then give us access
to a shadow version of Ascended Nova (Shadow/Void Nova?), while we’re
in Voidform.

Sidenote: Now that I think about it, we already have Holy Nova. Not as Shadow, but it’s going to be a spell you can technically grab in DF… What if they made it become a shadowy version in Shadow spec? :thinking:

1 Like

This is exactly how I feel since the rework and I just stopped playing shadow completely. Whatever I do, it feels bad and clunky. The old version of SP was usually clunky at expansion starts and turned into okay-ish smoother version with gear and enough haste. This perversion we have now just cant be smooth-ed by anything.

3 Likes

Imo they should remove voidform and let us do dmg like we used to with our dots, it’s so stupid that dots are useless rn especially in pvp.

1 Like

Burst is meta right now for M+, so no burst then no invite

Static damage as well, means that we’ll be awful till the last patch, where our stats finally catch up

The only real solution is to make it instant cast and be off of GCD

I do agree here, they’re so low damage that they might as well delete them and basically make us a ranged warrior. And the dispel shield is laughable

I second this just so we can be simplified a little and clean the clutter during VF

Honestly I’d prefer if bliz leaned into this much further and revamped voidform into a tamer version of mop demo’s meta. Build insanity outside then enter voidform and all your spells become spenders with void infused extra effects.

1 Like

completely agree

I like that voidform still isn’t permanent, hinting to the notion that “void” is still too powerful for us to maintain, but that we can tab into it briefly to alter or strengthen our abilities.

1 Like

They could atleast start posting something so we can start testing and giving feedback…
Saying that theyre working on it is super cool…or it was supercool …a month ago, followed by a complete silence.

There was even a poll on wpriest discord jokingly saying if hunters gonna to get another big note full of changes before priest does a while ago. Well that was like 4 hunter updates ago and still nothing :joy:.
And i actuly dont know how to feel about this. On one hand …what nimox is doing with hunter is exactly! how players wannt blizzard to act. Frequent changes, dev notes on why these changes were made and philosophy of the design, changes based on players feedback, discussion with players etc etc…That is amazing. But ots only for hunters…Theres nothing for us or druids. So i dont know if i should applaud or be jealous or be mad…:joy:

Only thing i do know is that the time is getting shorter and shorter and if we dont presume these changes will be 100% superb, which would be naive or even stupid to think, then we need to have time to test and give feedback. Imho.

Sry for offtopic…its just getting to my nerves that ppl actualy trying to made some sort of developer designs for this class, knowing that it will all fall on deaf ears.

3 Likes

I’m right there with you on this, as I’m sure many other shadowpriests are. I mean, it’s literally a meme at this point the “no changes for shadowpriest”, the community knows it, and even blizzard knows it as seen in the april’s fool bluepost. Now, I’m neither designer, or some insider who knows anything, but I’d LOVE to to think that each spec has a team of enthusiasts for said spec, who loves it, and plays it all the time, because who better to come up with cool things and such? If nothing else, blizzard has every tool to actually make this a reality, but… oh well, as a shadowpriest, I’m used to the void only rearing it’s head on a rare occasion only to again fall silent.

On that note, I’ve recently been thinking of a thing, where Void Eruption is a standalone aoe ability, perhaps even with a cascade effect, that the community so longs for… :thinking:

I used to think that aswell.
Shadowlands alpha and beta version of sp put a direct stop to that wishful thinking.
If there were no community uproar they were absolutely ready to send it live like that. And that alone conviced me that theres nobody even touching this spec in this entire company.

I get what you mean however.

A month of dev time to rework a entire specc, isnt a long time when theyre also testing content simultaniously.

Ofcourse this does depend on size of rework.

Well the word “rework” wasnt mentioned anywhere except in players posts on forums.
They “deliberately took some time”.
If it will be full rework, which i doubt it will, then ok …take your time…but what they come up with need testing aswell.

Ive stated for years they should remove void form

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.