Changing Main - What do you lose, what to do in alts?

Yes and no, class change would boost Blizzard wallet, people woule use it to change mains throughout expansions and save progress in the process, but it would destroy the game, everyone would roll meta class and we would see only druids, warriors, rogues, dhs and that’s it.

Which is not true.
I have this druid and I tried to reroll, but I totally hate the playstyle, so I am back to my hpala (which was a reroll from resto shaman in s1). My tank is a bear and has all the tank classes available (except pala I think), and he totally dislikes the warrior. and the mage in my group rerolled from fire mage to ret pala, and has also other options. We play what we like.

You assume it is not true because you don’t like druid playstyle? ok.

I see all around me people play the char they want. As long as it is a viable.

Changing Mains in WoW is an absolute Nightmare if you care about your characters lifes journey.
I cant say if thats intended to make people do things over and over, or if its a Flaw in the Programming.
It sure is annoying AF.

But there are worse offenders on the Market, Elder Scrolls Online for instance. Its nearly impossible to change Main and redo everything you had. It would literally take 1000s of hours.

On the other side of the Spectrum there is Star Wars:The Old Republic. The transition between characters is so smooth you wont ever feel like an Alt, just another Main. Its nearly perfect.

Lmao, I came into the forums exactly to say “I FIXED IT!”.

Yesterday I opened a ticked and spent a while talking with Support Team, and they kindly asked me to login on every single hero I had, because after a while, it would bug the achievement tracker. So it meant logging in on every single character, even those random “level 5’s” we have on other servers and didn’t touch for 7-8 years. And today, it was fixed.

Maybe they simply fixed it on their side due to the reports, I don’t know. But I’m very happy it worked!

Proof. This is my alt (I’m Martwin).
Made this character yesterday, and it shows the Achievement Points count correctly too.

There’s always that slight difference of Achievement Points due to FoS and other unavailable with time, but isn’t that much of a difference.

EDIT2: That Achievement Points difference just got fixed too! Both my characters and showing the exact same amount of achievements. Even the rare ones are counting on this new and boosted Mage.

That is a bit of an assumption on your part that it would “break the game”. I like to play a Druid, some other people I know can’t stand it and like the mage better. other people like warriors and rogues. It all depends on your play style. So no I don’t think everyone would have the same class. People would just be able to try new classes and it they liked them keep playing them.

1 Like

Fair point, we can’t assume everybody will go meta, but we can be sure many will :slight_smile:

You’re not wrong.
That’s one of the systems that would make so many people happy.

But so many people would use it incorrectly too and would make WoW absurdly meta driven.

That might inspire Blizzard to balance the classes a bit better so no one class reigns supreme.

1 Like

But many already have those classes on max level and not playing them. At least looking in my guild people play this game for so many years they have armies of characters available.

Glad to see that some things still working and get fixed.
Now, I assume, you can play your DH without any concern.

2 Likes

Yes! Thank you so much for your help anyway.
Time to enjoy my DH from now on :slight_smile:

Also, thank you Blizzard! This makes me more than just happy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.