Chaos bolt

Used to look cool, now it looks like a giant ball of snot

3 Likes

Let’s change its visual to a giant green train instead. So the visual reflects what it feels like to be hit by it.

On topic - I actually prefer the current one, a Warlock throwing out a green skeletal dragon skull never quite felt right. Now it actually feels like your using throwing a chaotic mass of energy at the enemy.

3 Likes

I agree with you, but there is nothing painful with adding some cosmetical glyphs to the game right?

4 Likes

In the past specs were more nuanced and there was not this focus on extremely narrow class fantasy (eg dks don’t have presences anymore, shadow priest is ‘void’ themed whereas originally they were just ‘dark’ and had a ‘vampire’ theme a bit). The dragon was just cool, it didn’t need to fit the ‘chaos’ theme exactly. I reckon if they made destro lock today it would have no fire spells at all and every ability would be coloured green.

Lets turn CB into a pink blast in the form of heart!?

Lovebolt
instant cast
6sec CD
Cuases major love and kindness around the aera of impact. Turns evil people into good samaritan and good people into even more good samaritans!

3 Likes

To me at least chaos bolt being the giant skull represented the idea that by using the spell you were burning the souls of the enemies that were trapped within your soulshards and the giant skull was kind of like a representation of their souls screaming as they’re thrown at your enemy.

Much cooler than launching a big glob of chaos at your enemy after throwing out a few smaller globs.

2 Likes

Much prefer the new chaos bolt.
Old one looked weird imo

Sounds like a pretty cool “Charm” effect, actually. Sort of a Care Bears beam that turns a hostile into an ally for a set time. Maybe like DKs with their Control Undead (or whatever that ability is called), except on demons. Care Bear Stare, and boom - that Demon is now on your side for a few minutes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.