Character boost for Shadowlands nerfed, why?

" CHARACTER BOOST CONVERSIONS

Planning to create a new character for Shadowlands using a current 110 Character Boost or the recently revealed 120 Character Boost unlocked with pre-purchase*? When the upcoming expansion goes live, both options will create level 50 characters that allow players to jump straight into the new expansion content."

" CHARACTER BOOST CHANGES

With the upcoming character-level conversions in Shadowlands, Character Boosts will also change once the pre-expansion patch is live. You’ll want to plan ahead for how you want to use your boosts.

• Level 120 Character Boosts will boost characters to level 50 after the pre-expansion patch.
  • Level 110 Character Boosts will boost characters to level 48 after the pre-expansion patch."

I personally saved this lvl 110 boost so I can benefit from it and get a lvl 50 character like promised. The change is quite small, however, still a little bit annoying. Anyway, I would like to know why this nerf? Perhaps developers forgot what they planned at first place?

1 Like

Hmm,i would say 48 is small buff over 110.

That’s not nerfed it’s boosted, well for 110 boosts anyway.

If you compare it to upcoming leveling squish, then yes. However, back in time 110 lvl boost was a max level boost as well. In addition, this is contradiction with the announcement done before which makes it weird.

it is actually a bit of a change

10/120 = 0.083

2/50 = 0.04

but all things considered with leveling speed being buffed i think its a negligible change, don’t you?

edit: it’s actually a buff now when i look at it lol

Leveling in SL is uber fast compared to now with 100% exp buff so don’t wory about it.

Because 50 is 120
110/2.4 =45.8, so yeah 48 is actually a small buff.

This is normal .

This is a boost.

110 on live turns to 45.

boosted turns to 48.

What else do you want? A lolipop with that?

You mean normal that first Blizzard announce something and later something else? :slight_smile:

I want to clarify one thing. With nerf I meant dropping the boost from planned lvl 50 to 48 and I was not comparing this to upcoming lvl squish. I guess many of you missed this point.

1 Like

They probably made a mistake .
If it takes the same amount of time to lvl from 110 to 120 , and 48 to 60 , i don’t see the issue then ? Are u the police of mistakes ?

I guess you missed the point that it’s not a nerf for the 110 boost.

120/50 = 2.4 so 110/2.4 is 45.8 and the boost is 48.

And Blizzard are allowed to change their minds.

Like I have already mentioned comparing this to the level squish was not the point at all.

Blizzard can of course change their minds, but I am not personally a huge fan of announcement which will be changed later. Especially in this case I am a little bit annoyed because I have saved this boost almost a year and just because of the announcement Blizz have made before. I guess that those who have not done the same would not care less. :wink:

Blues of the customer support (US) said:

“we don’t have any official announcement yet but it makes sense that the boost would adjust accordingly based on the new level dynamics”

19 November 2019

When another guy asked if there was any news about the unused boost another Blue replied:

“Boost will adjust accordingly”

On 30 April 2020.

So is not like something new, maybe we did not know the exact level, but we knew they were not going to be comparable.

Honestly this isn’t a nerf.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.