Character movement stops completely

Character is stuck and cannot move. Causing multiple issues with my guild and my enjoyment of the game.

Over the past 2/3 weeks my character just randomly stops moving. I can still cast spells and type in the chat, however I cannot turn around or even move, both with my mouse and keyboard. This has caused me to wipe not only raid groups, but also cause my group to fall apart the other night on a M+15 Underrot 3rd boss due to being unable to move for the mushroom phase. I have tested now with multiple keyboards and after a while the same problem occurs.

It happened again for me just now and caused me to fail a 4 mask vision of Stormwind. I have updated all of my drivers and firmware along with doing a scan / repair on WoW itself but to no avail, the problem keeps occurring. I have now done a fresh installation of wow on another drive and the problem has just happened again on a Kings’ Rest. However not sure if this is a bug or not but when i got feared on the last boss, it did free up my movement. This happened to my friend the other day as well on a Temple run. The only way I have found so far to fix this is to restart the game, this is not ideal in both raids and M+.

Has this issue happened to anyone else? Looked around the forums and on other sites and can’t find anything similar.

Please help me resolve this because it is close to me stopping the game and I do not want to do that.

Hi there Dythenus!

So there could be a few root causes behind those freezes, but first off, you may want to try a complete UI Reset in case UI corruption is causing it. You can find a guide to that here:

Failing that, you can contact Support via ticket and submit your diagnostic files to be looked at!

Hope it helps!
Yours,

Arythwinn

Thanks for the reply. I did do a complete reset for the UI as well as uninstalling all add-ons. The problem has occurred again x2 in the same dungeon. Submitted a ticket before making this thread and currently just waiting for a reply.

Ran a dxdiag and no issues were detected.