Character stutter while walking, fixed by jumping

Hi guys,

I’ve been having this issue for a few days now, whenever I start walking (strafing or just running) after 3 steps my character starts stuttering. It still walks but slower then usual. The issue fixes itself by jumping but will start again if I stop walking and then start again.

I’ve looked online but can’t find much, my son was playing with my keyboard earlier so that might be related …

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Likes

Hey Rubie

That type of issue usually is related to the keyboard software or drivers being outdated, so I would advise that you try to fully uninstall the keyboard software and then do a fresh reinstall of the software to the latest version.
Hopefully that should help on fixing that issue, but you can also try resetting your game interface to solve any corrupted files that can cause some stuttering ingame:

Hi Nilliarix, unfortunately that didn’t help.

For others who might come accros this issue, here’s how I fixed it. My brother suggested restoring my keyboard to factory setting, in my case by pressing Fn + Q and that instantly did the trick. This shortcut might be different for other keyboards.

Kind regards,
Rubie

8 Likes

Hey Rubie

Glad to hear you got it working with a factory reset, so thank you for letting us know of the solution you found for this issue. :slight_smile:

Some gaming keyboards send a lot of very rapid keystrokes, rather than one continuous keystroke. So…

“wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww”, instead of “w…”, and in some games, mostly FPS, this is actually beneficial. In others, it causes the character to “stutter” rather than walk or run.

I suspect this is what was happening in your case.

This worked for me! Thank you!

Had the same problem and this worked for me, thanks a bunch !

Just had this issue for myself playing through Worgen area. I thought something ingame caused it like when the terrain phased! But it kept occuring on all my characters. Thankfully Fn + Q worked on my Rii keyboard. Thanks a lot! <3