Character transfer questions

As much as it pains me to switch allegiance, I may be forced to go to the Dark Side in order to play with some of my friends in Shadowlands. However, the choice between creating a new character or transferring my current main is excruciatingly hard. I wonder therefore if someone can help me by clarifying the following:

1. Will all my achievements, titles, mounts and garrison upgrades be transferred - and change to the other faction’s equivalent in the cases where they are faction specific?
  2. If I at some point in the future decide to return my original faction, will I lose anything by doing so (not counting the consequences listed here)?, or will my character then be basically the same as before I transferred (not counting whatever I may have acquired on the way)?
  3. If I create a character on the realm I’m considering transferring to now with the name I want; will this name be available to me when transferring (as long as I delete the new character first, ofc), or is there a cooldown/lockout for names when a character has been deleted?
  4. Are the cooldowns on character transfers from a different account (30 days) and from a different realm (72 hours) independent of one another? In other words, can I transfer a character from an old account to my new one and do a realm transfer without having to wait for X hours/days to transpire?

I’m sorry if these questions all seem obvious and if they’re all covered by the above mentioned link, but I’m sure you can appreciate that it’s a big decision to move a character considering the time I’ve invested in her. :slight_smile:

Hi there, Acinoynx!

So we quite understand your concerns about transfers, and you should find most of your questions are answered here:

Most content should transfer though there will be some exceptions - BFA progress will reset, for example. Transferring back should be mostly the same, but the BFA progress would still be reset, as would certain faction-specific content. Also, if you delete a character reserving a name, you should be able to use it. Finally, the transfers are not independant, and you would need to wait for them to expire. :slight_smile:

Yours,

Arythwinn

1 Like

This sums up what Faction Change does:

1 Like