Chat Etiquette 📝

Noob

Anyone that is worse than you.

Elitist

Anyone that is better than you.

3 Likes

Much appreciated. I love threads like this that explore real aspects of gamer culture.

2 Likes

Ahhh the acronyms. I’m guilty of overusing them myself when describing rogue.

SS/SS
Evi/DP
SnD
SD
SB
CLoS
CV
RtB
BtE
AR
ShS/Hook
BF
MotMA
PS
KS
CS

The list goes on. It’s when other classes start using theirs I have to look it up! Well I’m quite good with most Mage ones!

1 Like

Not even 30 and already a Boomer, nice :stuck_out_tongue:

Boomer: Someone who is bad at technology and/or struggles to understand things that are simple for most. Comes from Baby Boomer, but is now mostly used differently.

1 Like

I always report ruskies with report language when they open their mouths.

1 Like

I have dedicated myself to not participating in things i do not want to be a part of…
Like for example i know it is futile to tell people to talk proper english instead of this schortcut version of these days but i can still use the full words myself.

I understand that sometimes people are for no good reason on a tight schedule… and leave within 2 seconds without even thinking of saying goodbye or thanks for run but i have learned you can not change others but you can change yourself.

Half of those predate WOW…by many years, in particular ‘lol’,’ding’ and plz.

1 Like

This is KEKW

It’s an emote referencing this video clip, that is often edited with custom captions for comedic effect

2 Likes

cba - can’t be arsed - something that you don’t want to do because you are lazy, is not fun, is not worth doing - example: cba to do torghast again

pepega - retarded, but not as offensive as retarded. the politically correct way of saying retarded if you want - example - you play survival hunter? pepega

imba and gosu - not known probably by the new players, as they are no longer much used and they were popular during DotA, prior to WoW, they mean imba = imbalanced and gosu = very high skill, but imba could have been used also for having such a high skill that was simply gosu compared with the rest of mortals.

/clap :wink:

10chars

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.