Chatban for advertising LGBTQIA+ friendly guild

Hey all, sadly it is almost impossible these days to reach a real human being through the ticket system so I wanted to try posting here to get some attention to this problem.
My guild is actively recruiting people for an LGBTQIA+ friendly guild on the german realm Blackmoore, we are used to getting made fun of in chat and that’s not a real problem for us, however, our recruiter just got chatbanned after advertising for some days in a row from mass reporting. She wasn’t able to contact a human through the ticket system and just got answers saying “The punishment is justified…”. This can’t be justified though, right?

1 Like

How do you know it’s from the LGBTQIA+ stuff? They don’t tell you exactly what it is. You’re also just taking their word for it. They also might have spammed to much, I’ve seen this happen to people who aren’t advertising that. It sounds like assumptions.

They also might have been writing in the wrong channel which Blizzard justifys as a correct silence.

Seen this all over the place recently where people just assume something happened to them because of what they look like/sexuality without anything to point in that direction. The comments towards your guild you’ve witnessed is a different story. Your guidie is in the same situation as plenty of non lgbtq people in the exact same scenario. So what do they assume?

1 Like

Hey, that’s cool but I would prefer to wait for an answer from a human that is working at blizzard, no offense.

They won’t answer posts about bans in the forum.
The first mail sent to your recruiter should’ve said what sort of category the ban was for though they won’t be specific … and it could’ve been something that happened weeks before and nothing to do with her recruiting. She can try reopening her ticket but I don’t know if it will get her any further.

2 Likes

Don’t hold your breath while waiting then, because they won’t reply over the forums. In fact they will just close this thread as its against the TOS to discuss bans on the forums.

Even by ticket, they won’t “discuss” it with you. They will just either accept or reject your appeal, and close the ticket.

1 Like

I’m afraid the only way to appeal is via tickets. While it is very believable that your advertisers is falsely being reported by those that are upset at anything LGBTQIA+ it’s odd they aren’t simply over turning the reports.

Is it possible that the person strayed outside of the permitted channels?

You will not get an answer if you are not the recruiter. The email usually says what comment was reported for the ban. I feel the person may be lying to you about the reason.

I have never liked it when people play the victim on the forums.

1 Like

The forum isn’t the appropriate place to appeal an account suspension. For more information, please visit the pages Appealing a Silence, Suspension, or Ban and Forum Code of Conduct.

Please note that the player who received the suspension has to appeal it from their own account.