Choosing a class new player

Hello there,

I’m quite new to the game, and i need help to choose a class, as i tend to get paralysed by large amounts of choices

I’m a casual player as i don’t have a ton of time to play, so i don’t care about witch class is the strongest

I want to be able to heal and dps, so i’ve narrowed down my choice to :
Priest
Monk
Shaman
Druid (balance and resto only)

I need a class that has an engaging gameplay, where i need to make impactful choices and have a nice toolkit for many situations

Being able to solo world content for completionist stuff would be a nice plus

Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:

Welcome to Azeroth!

“Which class” threads are impossible to answer, unless they are very specific. The reason is that your preference for a playstyle overshadows EVERYTHING else. By miles. And you don’t know which playstyle you prefer until you try them.

Regardless of class, I will recommend that you choose one of the dominant servers - Draenor, Tarren Mill, Kazzak for Horde, or Silvermoon or Ravencrest for Alliance. See https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu/lang.en

Every class has a DPS spec.

Nobody knows what gameplay will be engaging to you.

Every class can make impactful choices.

When it comes to a healer’s toolkit, of the four you mention, I think I’m safe in saying Resto Shaman has the biggest toolkit. Against that, Monk and Druid also have the option to tank, which is perfect for soloing hard world content. OTOH, I see Shamans with their Elementals pwning rare-elites in the current Elite zone Forbidden Reach, so they do pretty well.

The best advice I can ever give a new player asking “What class” is to look up gameplay of that class on YouTube, and see what appeals to you. It;s the nearest you will get without actually playing it.

If you have a Free Trial Boost, you can take each of the classes out, but Free Trials are not allowed to use them in instances, so truing out a healer that way is useless.

I say shaman, but then I always do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.