Chromie Time Help? Forced to do BFA?!

Needing help, did exiles reach for the first time - I have multiple level 50’s but now it seems like I must do BFA again which I was under the impression that I could choose my expansion.

However Chromie tells me “Travelling through time is quite dangerous, and you’ve already got your hands full with what’s happening in Kul Tiras”.

How do I not do BFA?!

Thanks

2 Likes

I have the exact opposite problem, made a new pandaren DK, also have multiple lvl 50. Cannot for the life of me find any quest to start BFA, if you go via exiles reach then you get the quest to begin BFA when you arrive in SW but on allied races or DK’s which start at lvl 10 it’s bugging out and locking you out of BFA.

I have the same issue (opposite to the OP… hope this doesn’t derail too much).

I didn’t even start as an allied race. Made a Dwarf Warlock and chose to level in Coldridge, not Exile’s Reach.
After hitting level 10, I wandered over to Stormwind, and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to do the Battle for Lordaeron Scenario and start BfA content.

When I go to Stormwind keep, Turalyon is on the throne, and the only quest available is to kick me of into Pandaria for some reason.
I visited Chromie, selected an expansion, then spoke to her again to return to “the current timeline” just as a check.
I took the boat to Boralus, and there’s no quests for me there.

Seems my “current timeline” is MoP for some reason…?

I have the same problem. I don’t want to do BfA again. I did Exiles reach also. No quests to get to Chromie and I also get the “Travelling through time is quite dangerous, and you’ve already got your hands full with what’s happening in Kul Tiras”. I couldn’t even abandon the quest that takes you to Kul’Tiras because it was greyed out. I went to Kul’Tiras to end the quest and then back to Stormwind. Nothing there. What now?

It definitely needs some work, I have 3 classes to lvl alliance side and ill have every class max lvl on each faction so I’m not exactly what you would call inexperienced, If I can’t work out wtf is going on then how is a new player meant to?

Yes it’s all over Reddit now aswell, people are stuck in MOP timeline even before they have ever spoke to Chromie, the only way around it seems to be to lvel a non allied race via exiles reach AND dont skip the welcome to SW intro quest, then you SOMETIMES get the BFA starter quest.

I was lucky then. I finished the Welcome quest and went to Kul’Tiras and handed the quest in to Jaina and then hearthed back to Stormwind. No quest there but it popped up after a log off/on.

its bugged for everyone atm quest tides of warr is missing from the game no matter what level race or class u play and on lvl 50 u can get the neck and unlock some wqs and thats all u can do in bfa atm now since latest hotfix only players who get the quest is the ones who does exile’s Reach and dont skip the sw or org tour but everyone else low lvl high level that did not do bfa yet wont get the quest cause its not in the game anymore(Bugged)

and there are 7 more threads about ittttt

You do the introductory quest line up until you get your first achievement in bfa. After that you go back to Stormwind and chromie will offer the option to level in any of the previous expansions.

u cant the quest tides of war is not obtainable for no one like i mentioned above

So my boyfriend magically had the quests done perfectly fine two days ago how exactly?

cause 2 days ago it still worked its since 1 and half day it stopped working and the quest called tides of warr not showing up anymore on the guard next to the boardi mean read the forums i linked, i did it myself as well 2 days ago its since like maybe 1 or 1 and a half day it stopped showing the quest… and when ur each lvl 50 now wich i etsted today its the same u can unlock the neck and the quest for wqs and thats it u dont get the intor quest tides of warr so its lit a new bug or whatever since the latest hotfix make a allied race or any other who doesnt have the quest and u will see it for yourself

Some forum users got different results than others: How do I level in BFA? - #21 by Chiu-nagrand

It’s just bugged. The quest may or may not appear to some characters.

it doesnt appear for 99% of the players now u are legit the only 1 that thinks it does but thats up to you im not gonna argue

1 Like

The reply I linked to has a player saying they made two characters one after the other, one of the characters got the quest, the other did not.

I read complaints the prepatch is bugged, but I didn’t expect this level of bugged.

i tryed making 10 allied races than i have 6 characters never did it also not getting it pre patch was all good yes until they released the latest hotfix yesterday thats where it became with the bfa bullcrap haha ;p

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.