Cinematic: Undead dies from broken neck

Ingame quest: collect 5 pieces of forsaken soldier, glue them, he’s now fine.

Do you not understand how difficult it was to glue all the brocken necks together?

Furthermore I think the forsaken had no emergency glue packs with them.

Imagine if you skipped anatomy lectures and you glued him wrong.

Better wrong than not at all?

It’s Sylvanas plan, Hunters teached them to fake their death so they can be better spies.

You’re surprised that there is no continuity in undead mortality? Well, let me tell you, their team believes that continuity exists to enhance a story, not to tie the hands of creators (please clap).

And really, inconsistencies on this point have been as old as the game itself.

5 Likes

Hey, maybe they were not undead
Just soem expendable blind lepers… explains the white eyes, bad skin condition and the fact, they not really noticed a slow old orc tracking them…

The slow old orc has SI7 spec ops at his service… He said, he tracked them. In real the human potential was…

Aye
Nevver trust an Orc!

especially the green ones

Blunt trauma or just plenty of trauma in general has been the classical fantasy way to kill undead. Snapping bones should do it, although I do not know if a particular bone should be more important for the necrotic energies binding them than another.

Then again, we have light-infused undead, so I admittedly don’t know anymore…

Another clear indication how much Forsaken culture, anatomy, and story was butchered by Christie Golden.

6 Likes

For my Forsaken mates.

Don’t clap too hard, though. Golden told us Forsaken fall apart from clapping.

1 Like

Dude, it doesn’t matter, they fall apart from everything.

1 Like

Necromantic energy actually collects in the spine as far as the undead are concerned. Kind of like how in Jason and the Argonauts beheading the skeletons kills them instantly, the spine seems to be the achilles’ heel for in-game undead.

It’s possible that by snapping the neck he didn’t kill it.

I would assume severing the spinal chord would render even an undead unable to move as the brain has no way of sending information to the limbs.

Good topic, I was wondering the same question today.

If we see in other stories the undead are absolutely beasts that the living fear.

In undead movies:

• Gun fire doesn’t stop them, shoot to the heart or any vital point, it’s useless. They are already dead.
  • Knifes don’t work on them as they are immune to pain.
  • Axes: cut their limb’s as arms and they can still walk, cut their legs and they can still crawl.
  • If they bite or scratch you, you get infection.

Just look how scary was the undead invasion in game of thrones:

Yet in Warcraft the Forsaken seems like normal humans, only raised to live a second time, different racials, but same weakness, like OP mentioned in this topic the neck part.

In fact I think this statement can apply to every single race we play.
All of them have human weakness, just different racials.

If we chose our real life avatar, how many of us would be needed to:

• Stop a charging High mountain Tauren ? (Racial hability)
  • Grab a agile Night Elf , that can vanish in thin air ?
  • Defeat a dwarf ?
  • Immobilize a Orc ? (Undercity battle Saurfang scene)
  • Catch a gnome/goblin ?
  • Kill a Forsaken ?
  • Defeat a troll, that recovers faster from his wounds, than you do ?

How OP must be the humans in Azeroth to be able to fight 1vs1 against all of these races ?

That’s my opinion.
Cheers.

2 Likes

We see that undead tide priest die from an arrow to the chest.

“Consistency/Continuity exists to enhance the story, not tie the hands of the writers”

Comes to mind.

Polearm in front, let them impale themselves upon it.

Having them in melee would be easier than having them at ranged.

Give them poisoned ale until they get drunk and die?

Guns, ala Warcraft movie.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

Call the Scarlet Crusade and let them do the heavy lifting.

Aim for the head.

You don’t need to be OP when you have Human potential.

3 Likes

As I said, Golden nerfed the Forsaken beyond the line of bearable pain so now they are useless, broken and without identity waiting for some stupid light plot crap to take over. No other race so far, besides the trolls maybe, got it worse than playable undead.

Fantasy human potential beats everything. Blame blizzard for being biased towards humans.

4 Likes

that undead from Nazmir quest still could move his limbs after he was torn apart

1 Like