Clarification - Hardware Boxing

I’m okay with it - something had to be done about the ones clearing out all the nodes.

Sadly 13 years down the drain for me, I never bothered anyone or trashed the economy.

I am now playing other games, but to be totally honest BFA wasn’t amazing for me anyway.

Ouch Daestra

If they disallow multi box software then i am quite certain they do it because negative impact it has on the game, hardware multi boxing does not change that impact.

They thought it would stop multiboxing… sure some have left, some turned to hardware… sadly the bots are still around and always will be.

Not sure what that means, sorry.

No idea who that is but that is not me i am a ex multi boxer myself

1 Like

Ah my bad then :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not part of FF or the guild and i hate people calling others scumbags its rude .

Like you said some MBs didnt ruin the game like others did alongside botters .

3 Likes

Blizzard caused this greed with the token and allowing any product/service to be bought with gold. Add multitap nodes to the issue. I boxed long before multitap nodes were a thing.

This is also why bots will not only carry on, but increase now a lot of the competition has gone.

Sure people report, but many operate from inside dungeons where you never see them.

2 Likes

I can assure you i am and was not a scumbag multiboxer and i am sadden you feel the need to call me and others that .
I used to have mine for doing mount runs and doing dungeon runs for mogs . I didnt flood the AH and only took what i needed but i guess i am talking to a break wall who thinks its ok to speak to other humans like that without knowing them .

3 Likes

Sorry but I’ve always hated multiboxers since I first started playing in wotlk I’ve always found them to be disruptive, immersion breaking and breaking mechanics. Bad for the game in general and I will be so glad if they are finally gone for good.

4 Likes

Anyway, I shouldn’t post on this alt, I forgot I was in this guild and I don’t really represent those guys, I haven’t played since some time ago. So sorry to those guys if I make them look bad posting stuff.

1 Like

They aren’t :wink:

1 Like

They needed action but i just didnt like being called that .Some MBs not all did wreck the game i can no deny that but just remember me and Ãnna were not bad ones .
Anyway thank you for the apology its accepted .

1 Like

If you were to ask me personally, i would say do not take in game ticket answers as gospel.
I’ve also had conflicting answers from blizzard in the past and just downright incorrect info from tickets, do not trust them, it might not be the individuals fault that they give you wrong information, but i can absolutely guarantee they do often give wrong/uninformed/out of date answers.

But as a basis for my answer:

I asked them to release a name recently of an inactive 23 month account, they pointed me to the new policy stating i had to wait till shadowlands release for it to be 2 years, the policy said i had to wait 2 expansions, the ticket said 2 years.
Multiple attempts at getting them to clarify which one was correct and up to date failed miserably so i just gave up and waited for shadowlands.

The name wasn’t released in shadowlands and it’s still being used by the same 2 years inactive account.

Don’t get me started on just how wrong tickets from blizzard tech support can be… if i had listend to them i would have needed to build a whole new pc rather than add one of their files to an anti virus exclusion.

1 Like

I think they need to make a sticky post in the customer support section clearly stating what is and isn’t allowed.

It’s pretty frustrating to lose more than 13 years of time and money… I didn’t have a single warning or ban in all of that time.

I could still do it but to be honest I just don’t trust a company that is so unclear with any more of my money. I won’t be buying Shadowlands that’s for sure.

They can ban you, they can ban you for liking pineapple pizza.

1 Like

If you really think blizzard can ban you for something thats not forbidden by TOS while you PAY MONEY for their services you are clearly wrong.

The thing with multiboxers, and the reason why i understand that lost people hate us, is that most multiboxers do it to gain an unfair advantage over others.

Qhen aq40 was released on the classic servers, there was a horde multiboxer who boxes a whole raid, and he was at the gates doing arcane explosions until he died, he ran back, rezzed and did the same, over and over ane over again.

People like this are the reason why multiboxers have a bad reputation… but me for example, iam not pvping with my group, iam not hardcore farming, all i wanted was to do dungeons alone, not to get all the loot, but to challenge myself. You wouldnt belive how much i learned about the dungeons i multiboxed while i tried, failed, wiped and repeated. Sometimes it was reaaaly hard, like ubrs with a group of 5 for example really challenged me.

For me, the change in policies really was a kick in the guts. I loved multiboxing more then playing wow in a normal way, and thats also the reason why i instantly started working on a hardware broadcasting solution, because if i couldnt multibox anymore, i would just stop playing wow at all, which is sad since i love the game. My whole youth is connected to it and it really formed my personality while growing up.

I even named my son Arthas.

1 Like

My issue is that both of the response in the original post contradict each other. I don’t want to drop another £ into this until they have a clear tos set out for it.

It’s no use implementing this change when their staff don’t even know what is and isn’t allowed. Some tickets of other peoples come back saying multiboxing is no longer allowed!

If I were to box again the hate would be x1000% and I’d be constantly banned automatically from all the reports flooding in.

I have 3-5 boxed every expac including TBC. I loved boxing for the fun of trying to get the dungeons down.

I have to go afk at a moments notice because I am a carer, so regular grouping is almost impossible for me. If I joined a guild people would soon be frustrated with me dropping out of runs halfway in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.