Clarification on Uldum Alpaca please

Despite missing out on the party-wide credit the first day of patch when people were instantly able to get the mount by taking advantage of people joining their group, I’ve completed the 7th (or more) daily quest turn ins today and was offered no mount or follow up.

There’s a discussion going on in general chat on how you aren’t able to earn quest credit in a raid groups, which most if not all players have been joining for the whole week in order to even find the NPC, considering the spawn frequency and how long it takes before it wanders off. Certainly something has been overlooked on the developers’ part or it is bugged because the quest is a simple turn in and those should not be affected by the standard group/quest rules.

Is there a way to even track the hidden quest progress? Has it been reset, was it not awarding progress this whole time? What is going on?

The Vol’dun Alpaca was able to be claimed by everyone in the raid, although it didn’t have a several day long quest progress tied to it.

7 Likes

Hope they will clarify this.
If it doesn’t count in raid group, then it shouldn’t consume the item and show the q as completed.

3 Likes

I completed the quest the 8th time today, no mount, Ticket open, if it doesnt count doing thtis in a raid group then the quest shouldnt show completed . Fix that crap

I read your ticket about the Springfur Alpaca and Gersahl Greens!

At the moment, completing these feeding quests in a raid group will not provide any credit for your feedings for this Alpaca - just like completing most other content while in a raid group. However, it’s pretty confusing for this situation specifically, so our Dev crew is working on changing it up for this Alpaca in the future.

For now, continue feeding the Alpaca while not in a raid group and you’ll earn credit normally and eventually pick up the mount! If you’d fed the Alpaca while in a raid group multiple times, you might have some catch-up to do.

But, that’s one hungry Alpaca, so you’ll eventually receive the mount - just keep at it!

If it is impossible to fix and award the players, why not remove the mount from all the people that exploited it on first day of the patch? Exploit early, exploit often.

We have already invested a lot of hours both on waiting for the Alpaca and with trying to find the herbs with basically everyone else in the game as competition.

A reasonable thing to do at this moment would be to change it to a single required turn in as is the case with the Vol’dun Alpaca. People’s patience is thin and the mount is nothing more than a different colour reskin. It was fun the first time around but now it’s just a waste of time that people hoped to get out of the way soon as possible.

1 Like

Hey there,

So this would previously not give credit if done in a raid group, although has been changed in a recent hotfix. Unfortunately it’s not likely to be retroactive so if you still didn’t get the mount, completing the quest a few more times should sort it out.

Apologies for the confusion and I hope you’ll still be able to get your Alpacas soon now!

1 Like

this is the script to know where you’re at on the daily quest how many feeding count)
/dump GetQuestObjectiveInfo(58881,0,false)

5 Likes

THANK YOU BLIZZARD FOR NOW IT SATRTED ALL OVER AGAIN. 7 days into trash. script shows 2\7. But i am like 8 days.

1 Like

Today in raid some people got it. Why make people confused. And reset the feeding.