Class for herb alt?

Hey guys, as the question states I’m wanting to make a herbalist alt. I’m a tank for my guild, and the gold I’m spending on consumables with no herb alt is killing me.

I’m stuck between 3 classes - mage, lock and rogue. Primary role would be farming herbs for raid pots, but also for gold as well as prot farming sucks. I have all 3 around lvl 20 but having a hard time deciding which one to take forward.

Any help would be appreciated!

Druid is best in my opinion. Travel form while picking herbs. Aqua form for stranglekelp.

2 Likes

Rogues because they have stealth, distract, blind and sap to get by mobs and players

Druid, especially tauren (+15 herbalism). They have stealth and travel form, that’s perfect for picking herbs.

1 Like

Rogues with herbalism can also “cook” the Thistle tea" that instantly restores 100 energy to a rogue, which can be sold on AH.

I think Rogue is your best bet on a PvP server. Being able to get around mobs and players to get to herbs is invaluable as well as being able to sap and blind to steal a herb from the opposing faction and vanish to escape if needed.

BUT having said that sometimes farming gold and buying herbs is a more effective strategy if zones are over camped (all high pop servers will be) in which case Lock and Mage will be better for farming. I’m playing lock and I have herb and mining and can run DM:E in around 15-20 minutes and I’ll often herb gromsblood (most common herb in DM I find they sell for 5.5g per stack on my server but prices will rise with P3), ghost mushroom (1.25g average price per shroom) and Dreamfoil (Stack sells for 10-13g on my server - price will increase in P3). At the end of the dungeon 2-4 Rich Thorium Veins are there so you have a chance of getting an Arcane Crystal (45-55g on my server) and boss drops with weapons selling for 5g to vendor (from last boss) and the chance of Essence of Water from hydrospawn (10-15g on my server). Overall it’s VERY profitable to farm DM east as a Lock with both mining and herb.

Because it’s instanced you don’t have to put up with getting ganked or having competition on nodes. You can even do some MC pugs or alt runs with your guild to gear your lock up which will make the runs that much faster.

I easily farmed 1000g in a week doing 10 DM runs per day (2.5-3 hours farming per day)

Also you get a cheaper epic mount - don’t forget you’ll have to fork out 900g for an epic mount if you plan on running around zones gathering otherwise it will take you forever. With Lock you can get your mount for 400g or just don’t bother getting an epic mount and just farm DM east.

Hunter is also good for herbalism or mining.
Hunter can directly head to the ressource and reset aggro from everything he pulled.
Pet can tank mobs which are protecting the ressource while you gather.
Protect your claim with a trap you just put into the ressource (more effective for mining).

There are also plenty of other farm activities for hunters including DM:E.

Yep - Hunter is most definitely the best farmer hands down with DM Tribute runs (selling the items before hand to buyers such as Rod of the Ogre Magi), DM east and FD resets (can be resisted though). But the OP was trying to choose between Rogue, Lock and Mage which is why I didn’t mention Hunter.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.