Class redesign

Please consider a class redesign (this is from a PvE perspective)

Havoc feels awkward to play with the momentum family of talents, and the talent trees are such that it is difficult to take utility options like a single target stun or netherwalk without sacrificing too much damage.

Vengeance just feels terrible compared to other tanking options they offer very little group support.

You did a great job of redesigning paladins recently. It feels well designed and is fun to play both as prot and dps. Please show demon hunters some love and put the same effort into a class redesign, perhaps with a viable “demonic” build for people that don’t want to play the momentum family of talents or throw glaive build.

4 Likes

I don’t play momentum currently, I play demonic/eyebeam/blade-dance build. Sadly a build that is being nerfed and gutted - so that momentum can/will be the clearly best play for next tier as well.

• The 50% to 20% eyebeam duration/damage nerf, and more.

I get that momementum is the class dev lovechild. Yet, I hate that playstyle and avoid it even if it is better in the content I am doing.

I really don’t understand why eyebeam duration must be shortened and damage moved away from the talent to balance the tierset. It will forever scuff mommentum to be even better baseline.

So I pray a Dev sees this and takes it at least a bit seriously. I already gave up my Fury Warrior as they destroyed my OF frontloaded damage dream. Now they are coming for Eyebeam as well.

It feels they want to force zoom-zoom builds down my throat till I choke and die off from them. It really does.

2 Likes

NO!

First of all, the ret rework is barely passable, it’s better than before, but it’s not what i would consider a significantly improved spec in terms of gameplay, while they added a few cool things, they removed a lot of stuff that was better before, like the wake of ashes reset, seraphim just needed it’s holy power cost removed, paragon was cool, etc… So if the standard is ret paladin, that’s not an upgrade, that’s a downgrade.

Second of all, havoc does not need a rework.

A few changes here and there? Fine, a rework? NO chance in hell.

Havoc has more interactions, and is overall more fun to play than ret, whether or not you use momentum or not.

They did a few dumb changes, like the nerf to eye beams, but aside that, havoc is good.

:beers: :beers: :beers:
You have great taste

A lot of changes but nothing for VDH. Again.
We seems to be toooootally fine. Yeeeeeeaaaahhh.
They should have for us prob something very massive soon. Otherwise rip all Subs from all DHs. Think it will be a massive minus income. My subs is ending today. Wont be back till they redesign us.
Half range Spek? Demon Pets speck? Good Sigil Build? Maybe in 1-2 years. Cya.

See you… in ten thousand years… or when Illidan comes riding on Sargeras back in like 3 :+1:

Yes! Demonic Demon! :heart:

Momentum throughout this season is the only viable option in pvp as well. I am personally sick of this build and it is known that it is not universally accepted. Players generally either love it or hate it, so I don’t understand forcing it as the only viable option. Can’t we have at least 2 viable builds? In SL, with the old very limited talent system, we had 3 viable builds at one point. Apart from this, the position of some talents is a total mess, both in the class and havoc tree (probably in vengeance as well).

I don’t expect any serious reworks or anything like that for the next season, but can we finally get at least one more viable build and repositioning, and if possible the replacement of some talents that are just taking up space. Some talents should be the baseline, as they already have been before (for example chaotic transformation, looks can kill etc).

3 Likes

Just buff the Chaos strike / beam pathways , but do it in such a way that those that build momentum / soulrend build don’t have the points to get the best of both worlds

1 Like

God no. DHs design is a leap year ahead of rets new design. Ret is absolutely awful now.

1 Like

I agree actually, i’m not gonna say that it’s miles ahead, but i think havoc design is more fun than ret.

I think that havoc only needs a few changes to truly make it great.

Ret is not awful, but the rework is not great either.

Anyway looking at the recent quality of reworks, like s priest, you gotta be really careful about what you ask.

And havoc does not need a rework.

only thing it appears to need is a ST Buff, im seeing alot of DHs say in 10.1 their ST Damage is a Serious Concern. but yeah, the Reworks that have happened have been terrible haha.

1 Like

Maybe a few changes here and there, but nothing major.

As i always say, reworks should be relegated only for specs that are not functional.

And havoc isn’t one of them, it’s in fact, pretty damn fun.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.