Class Set Feedback: Death Knight

I noticed that this forum post does not exist in the EU community, therefore I’m creating it so that we can at least try and be constructive about the next class set for Death Knights.

Latest update about the coming set bonus is the following : https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/class-set-feedback-death-knight/1143953/124

Unholy:

2-piece Bonus: Every 5 Scourge Strikes / Clawing Shadows casts Soul Reaper on your target and summons a Ghoul for 12 seconds.
4-piece Bonus: Soul Reaper causes your pet to deal 20% increased damage. If Soul Reaper’s secondary effect triggered, all of your pets gain 20% increased damage instead.

Frost:

2-piece Bonus: Gaining a Rune has a 15% chance to grant Killing Machine. Consuming Killing Machine increases your Strength by 2% for 6 seconds.

Blood:

2-piece Bonus: Heart Strike increases your Strength by 1% and the duration of Dancing Rune Weapon by 0.5 seconds, persisting for 10 seconds after Dancing Rune Weapon ends.
4-piece Bonus: Parrying an attack causes your weapon to lash out, Heart Striking your attacker. Dancing Rune Weapon now summons 2 Rune Weapons.

I like the fact that to trigger the unholy bonus set we rely on Scourge Strike, though I’m really not into the execute machine they’re pushing unholy into. We already have a rich flavourful spec, and this mechanic isn’t what I’m attracted to, especially when they haven’t been able to bring back Soul reaper in a satisfying way.

1 Like

Since I use 2h for frost I’m really looking forward to that 4 piece! On paper it’s really good passive AOE and goes some way to removing the problem of a 2nd runeforge.

I would have been happy with the 8% crit too but the new 2 set seems fine also.

1 Like

unholy need burst tbf, sustain isnt the problem so i welcome free executes .

considering this would apply while DnD is up is amazing , soul reaper on all targets

Frost DK needs the following
10% armor increase
the old 5% dmg increase buff
5% overall dmg increase
the return of Death Siphon

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.