CLASS SKINS. Yes or No?

I think class skins is an awesome idea. They already have trouble balancing the classes we have and TBH I cant really see how you could introduce a new class that wasnt just a slight variation of what we already have.
Class skins would be a fun customization option and solve alot of those pesky lore inconsistencys (forsaken holy priests for example).

2 Likes

classes is a little bit hard honestly, there is some that could be in game still.

but how to implent it and balance it I have no idea.

Y E S (efing 10 chars)

1 Like

This time I came up with Headhunter marksmanship hunter skin. It doesn’t fix any lore contradictions but we have no weapon-throwing ranged class in WoW. Enjoy your blood elf or Forsaken Zul’jin cosplayer.

h t t p s ://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/018/798/425/large/jan-kowalski-headhunter-copy.jpg?1560780566

1. Casting animation. I think shooting spears from a gun would destroy all the fun.

2. Steady Shot: It is basically that little orange flame from the original.

3. Rapid Fire: I thought some axes would be nice for diversity. They are red, just like original arrows.

4. Multi Shot: Why would we throw only one spear?

5. Aimed Shot: I wanted to change that little aim from casting animation to look more troll-like. Trolls do not traditionally use scopes. Projectile with corresponding colours.

6. Black Arrow: Trolls generally dislike necromancy, as it is forbidden by Bwonsamdi. However, if the spear was blessed by priests of Bwonsamdi?

7. Arcane Shot: Rather voodoo shot. Spear is enchanted by witch doctors. Blizzard never really showed us how is voodoo supposed to look like, so I mixed orange from Warcraft 3 voodoo magic with space orks’ magic from Warhammer. I think it looks interesting enough, although poorly executed.

8. Freezing Trap: Spiky enough to look like a trap. Has voodoo mask so we have explanation for freezing effect. You step on the mask, and then the ropes pull the spikes onto your leg. Then all the magic activates.

This is my next class skin, Voidweaver. As we know, some races that have playable priest class have some conflict with Holy Light: Mag’har orcs, void elves, Forsaken. I made this skin for their holy and discipline priests. Of course, you can use that skin on lightforged Draenei if you really want. I know that many of you will say that Void is evil, destructive, all-consuming force that doesn’t want to heal anyone. My idea is that true master of shadow magic is able to grasp into the Void and recover life energies(visible as bright glow) it once drained and use them to heal. Basically stealing your own blood from mosquito.

h t t p s ://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/971510ba-b809-4fc3-9d1f-a5529bd70437/dd9xln5-7e96a985-4bc8-4f9e-889d-a6baef4d7fdb.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzk3MTUxMGJhLWI4MDktNGZjMy05ZDFmLWE1NTI5YmQ3MDQzN1wvZGQ5eGxuNS03ZTk2YTk4NS00YmM4LTRmOWUtODg5ZC1hNmJhZWY0ZDdmZGIuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.1TM6evq-Trvf9VfOqB2UqgJu4Rd-kn4U32hfmEaO3i4

1. I just like to draw some character first. You can see his casting animations.

2. Power Word: Shield. I hate this ability. It is part of main discipline priest kit and I am really dissappointed Blizzard hasn’t updated it so far. It is originally really bland and ugly spell and I tried to keep the original feel while adding a twist.

3. Holy Word: Sanctify. Cosmic mist may remind you of Arcane but it also fulfills the Void visuals. To indicate that it is a healing spell, I lowered its value contrast to be similar to holy healing.

4. Penance. Shadowbolt but designed to have colours more similar to shadow priest spells. Also has a bit of white glow as it can be used to heal.

5. Archangel or Apotheosis. I think void elves won’t complain about copyright infrigement if they get all these flashy spells.

6. Holy Nova. I wanted to make bigger version of Penance’s ending tip. Looks cosmic and shadowy, pretty interesting but I am afraid it has too big contrast and can attract too much attention for spammable spell. My main goal was to make it different from Arcane Explosion.

7. Spirit of Redemption. I know I could have used Voidwalker but warlocks are pretty used to their pets being semi tanks so I went for something of lighter posture. Void entity #2567563 is just fine for that. We all dream for day when Blizzard will mix n’raqi and void monsters.

Yes, so much yes. This would be a awesome idea if Blizzard implemented it.

2 Likes

Just give Taliesin creative control already.

1 Like

neat idea but it takes too much work and we all know how blizz feels about too much work i mean look at current content of bfa heck look at allied old allied races they are all rushed

1 Like

True but less work than making a whole new class to balance.

1 Like

Oh well, i would be totally ok with this. I would love if the Disci Priest would change from an healer spec to a DPS spec, actually a Ranged DPS spec that blast enemies with holy spells that totally focus on damage is missing in the game, and even if they don’t do it, i think a “holy” class skin for the Shadow Priest it would be ok for me, even if the gameplay by itself would be the same of the Shadow Priest.

Yeah i’m totally ok with that, it would add alot of potential to the game, Blood Priest, Necromancer and who knows how many other inspired concept could happen :slight_smile:

There is an issue, tho. Peoples have to instantly recognize wich class they have in front of them, this could bring some problems, especially in the PvP environment.

1 Like

I just want another mage tower with some kind of cosmetic
I dont care what it is, gimme gimme

1 Like

After quite a long time I come back with another class skin. This time something for tauren - Sunwalker. Of course, if you like totems and fiery aesthetics, you can use it on Zandalari or even blood elf. As for lore, tauren worship the Earthmother and her two eyes - An’she and Mu’sha - instead of the Holy Light. Sunwalkers are focused on the An’she aspect, the sun.

h t t p s : / / w w w . a r t s t a t i o n . c o m / a r t w o r k / D x o N e R

1. Templar’s Verdict: Paladins use holy magic to empower their melee attacks. My idea is that Sunwalker creates heavy totem and bashes the enemy. Player’s weapon is seathed for that time.

2. Judgement: I replaced the hammer with fiery, tauren-themed axe.

3. Holy Light:

a) Tauren do not use librams. I thought that spiritwalker’s brazier would fit nicely if I add some sunny effects.

b) As you can see, I want healing abilities to have more delicate colour palette.

1. Divine Shield: I wanted it to look like Sun from shorter distance.

2. Consecration: You can see Sunwalkers’ sigil on the ground.6. Avenging Wrath: Instead of wings, tauren get flaming totems on their backs. Also, their horns glow.

3. Avenging Wrath: Instead of wings, tauren get flaming totems on their backs. Also, their horns glow.

4. Guardian of Ancient Kings: You summon yeena’e, spirits of fallen tauren warriors(and sometimes parents) who serve An’she as heralds of the dawn. Instead of “normal” angelic wings they have ones similar to Malfurion’s. It is inspired by Native American dance of eagle. The idea is that you summon your feathered grandpa to fight for you.

5. Greater Blessing of Kings: Instead of crowns, tauren wear bonnets. I changed the coloristics because original blue didn’t match to sunny red aesthetic. As this blessing is defensive, it has yellow glow.

No, if you want to have class skins, go play Poe and you can pay for it as well. I would rather have a real interesting system of getting interesting mechanics for classes throughout the world, for example a Shaman, how about an enhancement shaman, now as that Enhancement Shaman as you hit max level, you get a class quest and a special totem that has no powers, now it would be your job/quest to fill that totem with powers granted from the spirits or elementals.

Now imagine that you are going around in the blasted lands and this shaman finds an Orc Warrior dead from the 2nd War, who is still in regret dying without battle, then you helping him find closure but instead of him going to the afterlife he decides to become a part of your totem and now you could access this Warrior’s soul in battle giving you some sort of special ability/buff just because you have this one ghost. This could be an interesting endgame mechanic for shamans idk

1 Like

Two words…

Calm. Down.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.