Class Tuning in Progress – 16 December

Somehow you guys managed to nerf the only thing good and fun about mage this patch :))… Runecloth wrappings were fun and if the star alligned yea, you were op but isnt that the pourpose of Thorghast?, to feel op and have a bit o fun ? And there’s still no changes to Mage damage. Every single one said 2 weeks before SL release that mage will be poo with those hard nerfs to frost but nooooo…you went in and did it anyways.
To be fair there’s absolutely no reason to bring a mage in Mythic raids or even HC for that matter other than INT buff. SP and Moonking beeing much more stronger than mage and having much better utility cds and heals makes mage completely irelevant sadly. As a 193 mage tried to pug normal and 4/5 asked me my spec, as I said Frost I got declined which sucks bad. I’m not saying for frost to be nr1 bur beeing completely trash is not fun especially now that we are semi-commited to the spec (gear stats, conduits, covenant, etc) …

Just play fire or arcane… you have the option to change.

Arcane is hit or miss , still low dps. As fire goes stats weighrs are completely different so basicaly its bad if I switch + the covenant choice. transition would require me to farm all my gear again, switch covenant which takes a while and fire is mediocre in raids. Fire is allright in m+ with a capable tank for trash packs but mediocre single target were it lacks a lot of dps. So what you’re sayin basically takes me at least 2 weeks to transition to be “decent” and I’m beeing positive when I say decent.
Ah and lets not forget farming the legendary memories and Soul Ash which yeah…will be even more worst now that they nerfed some mage animas. All in all its not as easy as it sounds “Just switch”.

2 Likes

Yeah i agree switching specs with the covenants and soul ash being in system sucks but you still have the option to be in good place with 2 other dps specs. You should not have all 3 at the top or at the middle. This same goes for hunters and warlocks as well.

Please no destro, we had enough of them during 8.3 for months. Just kill that spec, remove them from the game after 8.3, they had their fun for a long time with 0.5 sec cast 250k chaos bolts.

1 Like

We have the final PvP adjustments for this week, going into effect with weekly maintenance in each region:

Player versus Player

• Demon Hunter
    • (Conduit) Unnatural Malice’s effect is reduced by 50% in PvP.
  • Mage
    • Arcane
      • (Legendary) Arcane Harmony may only reach a maximum of 10 stacks in PvP (was 15).
  • Rogue
    • (Conduit) Reverberation effectiveness reduced by 50% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was a 30% reduction).
    • (Kyrian Covenant) Echoing Reprimand initial damage reduced by 50% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
    • Assassination
      • Nightstalker increases damage dealt while Stealth is active by 25% (was 50%).
    • Subtlety
      • Cold Blood (PvP Talent) damage is now properly reduced by effects such as Versatility.
      • Shadow Blades now deals an additional 30% damage against enemy players, (was an additional 40% damage).
      • Nightstalker increases damage dealt while Stealth or Shadow Dance is active by 8% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 12%).
  • Pelagos Soulbind
    • Combat Meditation Mastery value reduced by 50% in PvP, and duration increased by 50% in PvP.
3 Likes

Finally, all of those baby cryings got attention :upside_down_face:

Oof rogues.

Muh Pelagos, mastery, nvm I already care about utility spear gives me, considering Kyrian is among top 2 popular covenants this will just make other covenants better, my winrate against rogues now can rise to 90%, next week ascension time .

Applauds for not waiting 4 months to balance arena because rogues made resto druids and mw monks literally useless-unplayable in arena, such toxicity shouldn’t be allowed in arena. I gave a chance to a multi glad MW healer monk from BfA, he was around 1550 rating, he could live 4 seconds in total in 2 matches during combat, I had to say goodbye to the guy and told him to play something else as healer until balance patch because MW Monk was literally unplayable even the player is multi glad.

Maybe spend less time on minigame tuning next time and more on balancing the actual game. But then again we all know the people in charge of tunin, are in a bubble where they use their own magic numbers.

• Aimed Shot damage reduced by 5%.
  • Arcane Shot damage reduced by 5%.

Guys, i dont know, what data you do have, but every MM i encountered pulled 8 to 20k crits with Aimed and Arcane shots.
5% nerf isnt even close to what should have been done.

3 Likes

Dampening change is good too btw for 2v2, it will encourage healer+dps teams more rather than zugzug all in teams (rogue-mage / rogue-rogue / retri-rogue / boomkin-dk) and alot more…

Combatant troll assault, beware

1 Like

i will never understand why so many people have no patience… it’s the second week after Raid and M+ release… now there is so much more logs than there will ever be on a beta or ptr… and i’m sure that there will be much more tweaks to some classes in the next weeks… just relax and let’s see where we all are in a couple of weeks… itemlvl scaling and all these things will be hard to tune perfect in this early stage…

1 Like

The bot farmer chicken should be nerfed a lot. Like 50% nerf in aoe. Its already used by Bot users for Herbing etc, at least make them level another class for “” aoe farming 24/7"

Come on guys , show some love for mages please . Three dps specs all mid to bottom tier in raid . Frost is literally bottom tier raid and m+

2 Likes

Could you please stop nerfing classes in PVE due to PVP imbalances? tnx for ~10% boomie dps nerf, I guess it’s time to reroll? :confused:

1 Like

Is there any chance you might look at 2h frost in PvE? It is in a very bad spot at the moment. Even dual-wield could use some help, but 2h needs a -lot- of help.

Could you maybe make MotFW make FS apply Razorice?