Class Tuning in Progress – January 13

PvE perspective was described above - it’s a quite a bit more than “just spamming Chaos Strike” if you want to optimize your performance.

In PvP Windwalker is one of the most complex classes out there wit their utility mobility off heal and demanding rotation due to how mastery works.

With DH like with many other classes you have to know your opponents and allies Fire Mage - may be Eye of Letheros is a good idea - let him kill himself with his own combustion, DoT class - reverse magic, burst comp - improved drakness DH have some interesting tools and most of them active talents that should be used in right time - there is a room for cool plays but currently there is no survivability and no damage.

If your damage rotation is no the most complicated it does not mean that your class have no depth in PvP - PvP is more than rotation, interrupts, timely defensives, chain CC, positioning utility spells, LoS - every bit counts.

You can’t disqualifiy the entire class from PvP (which is what you currently do) relying on they’r basic DPS rotation alone.

After all you need only 4 buttons (with right macro) to oneshot someone on Sub Rogue.

Still nothing on BM hunters? Close to unsubscribing.

3 Likes

still waiting for a mw vivify/env mist mana nerf.

3 Likes

They have next to no utility. Windwalker is one of the most selfish DPS classes in the game. The only thing complex about them is indeed their DPS rotation, and DH don’t have that.

The entire arena community agrees.
Some specs are so braindead easy to play (havoc DH, BM hunter, etc.) that the game suffers when they’re good.

They must stay bad. They just do.

2 Likes

#buffUDKinPvP :+1:t2:

4 Likes

where is the Destro Warlock buff o_O

we really need something here. don’t let the destro warlocks hanging.

• chaosbolt noodle hits still like a wet noodle
  • bane of havoc? still underperforming in cleave fights… its just frustrating
  • 3 min cd on infernal? why is there no talent to reduce this? (like affliction)
  • almost 0 mobility except specced… but then we loose a def CD or a def talent

nerf resto shamans
nerf sub rogues

1 Like

There being no mention of MW adjustments is just insulting at this point.

3 Likes

I played a fair share of WW and I would not call their rotation overly complicated there is close to 0 RNG procks that matters. You know which button to press next 2 steps ahead. Utility on the other hand - Ring of Peace in right position can win you a match, Incap is now 30 sec cooldown with multiple uses from CC chains to peels and interrupts, proper use of teleport and double teleport legendary (that also buffs you offheal requires quite a bit of skill, detox, ranged disarm, dot reversal, spammable root. Their toolkit is quite versatile and skill demanding.

You can not speak for the community as a whole only for some vocal individuals.

PvP is much more then just DPS rotation (most of which are quite simple anyway) so far you presented 0 in-depth argument for how classes works strength and weaknesses what cold have some work - demand that some class should be unviable is not a constructive approach.

They just wanted to post this gamechanger twice

4 Likes

Still nothing for havoc dh… mayby time to main ww

Hello?

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know where you are going with those buffs ? ALL OF THOSE CLASSES YOU ARE BUFFING already have 1 meta dps spec. Are we still gonna ignore how bad Havoc DH is ? I’m 221 on my Havoc and on ST/AoE I am not even close to the dps of uh dk/fire mages/boomy/mm hunter/sub rogue/ arms warrior/ retri paladin/ affli lock. Like… DH has 1 AND ONLY 1 dps spec, A MELEE DPS SPEC NONTHELESS.

Lets note that ALL m+ affixes are melee unfriendly so unless you have those guildies to take you into keys, you are pretty much screwed. Raid is also melee unfriendly. The only reason anyone would bring a DH into the raid roster is due to the 5% magic debuff which can be also provided by a tank DH and darkness which ain’t that important anyways.

I am not asking for DH to be top dps spec in everything, don’t get me wrong. I just want it to be somewhat competitive.

Stop saying that those 5% buff we got were enough, 100 dps is not even gonna solve the fact that Havoc is underperforming by MILES.

If you are saying nerf resto shamans because they are often picked in M+, that is just because they have hero. A nerf won’t fix that. Making drums more efficient would.

And nerf sub rogues when they are underperforming in both PvE and PvP? What?

There are SO many things that need nerfs right now but I really don’t think those are part of them.

If cataclysm were moved as baseline spell, they could add CD redo for Infernal in place of it, this alone would in my humble opinion fix the spec. (only speaking of PvE scenarios)

3 Likes

How come? Not understanding the hate towards the DH at all. Amazing class.

1 Like

They should buff Havoc. But from Rogue player they don’t care. I have doubts even they have employee atm. How is it possible to ignore your customer like this?

Getting this is like 0.1% better than not getting anything.

The difference between 2h and DW is way more than 2% even if we only count the difference between 1 and 2 weapon runes. But even then obliterate would still be the way to go with 2h builds, which is inferior to breath builds. And the biggest issue is that 2h builds is inferior to DW breath build while DW breath build is also inferior to most specs in WoW.

Frost dk needs a rework at this point, but since we are not getting that, at least give us some meaningful buffs. 2% is not a buff, it’s a bad joke. But hey, it’s more than frost dk representation in m+…

1 Like

Well they should check Cata Frost Dk on 4.0.1 it is not that hard. They can also look 4.3.4 Assasin as well. They can also look previous expansion tiers to fix easy things. But they dont / wont. Because they don’t care players. They care $$$$