Class Tuning in Progress -- 14 July -- Updated

So that firemage nerf lasted for what… 4 days before you reverted it? :rofl:
I guess I just pack away my arcane mage again then sadge

Why do you keep buffing the strongest, and leaving the weakest spec’s behind for… expansions?

Also I think that Enhancement Shamans, MW Monks, Feral Druids, DK and Paladin tanks (srsly blizz we NEED MORE TANKS) would like to have a word with you.

4 Likes

Then you are rlly not knowing how to play immo as SP are a beast in PvE

Actually in raids BM and FM are underperforming alot then the other classes and SP is overperforming all te rest

Because PVP isn’t the only activity in the game.

How about this: PvP’ers have been in this community as long as the PvE’ers have, and they have every right to expect the game to be fun.

For me, what makes Hunters so utterly absurd in arena is their ability to constantly remove all my bleeds. It is outrageously hard to kill a Hunter and he’s shooting you through pillars and what not.

Fine. Buff Hunter damage. And nerf the everliving daylights out of their PvP utility because that definitely needs to happen.

1 Like

We’ve added some PvP offsets to tomorrow’s update.

Hunter

• Beast Mastery
    • Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Barbed Shot, Multi-Shot, and Kill Shot damage increased by 15%.
  • Marksmanship
    • Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Multi-Shot, and Rapid Fire damage increased by 10%.
    • Kill Shot damage increased by 15%.
  • Survival
    • Serpent Sting, Wildfire Bomb, Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, Flanking Strike, and Kill Shot damage increased by 10%.

Mage

• Fire
    • Fireball damage increased by 20%.
    • Fire Blast damage increased by 15%.
    • Pyroblast damage increased by 5%.

Priest

• Shadow
    • Devouring Plague damage reduced by 8%.
    • Dissonant Echoes’ (Conduit) Void Bolt damage reduced by 5%.

Warlock

• Affliction
    • Damage of all spells increased by 5%.

Player versus Player

Hunter

• Beast Mastery
    • Kill Command damage decreased by 15% in PvP situations, to offset the change above.

Mage

• Fire
    • Fire Blast damage decreased by 15% in PvP situations, to offset the change above.
    • Pyroblast damage decreased by 5% in PvP situations, to offset the change above.
2 Likes

Step into the right direction. However, sadly this won’t be enough for hunters. They’re still getting PvP buffs for Barbed Shot/Kill Shot, and Surv is pretty much getting buffs for everything

2 Likes

So how exactly is this an offset when Hunters didn’t need a buff to begin with?

2 Likes

:partying_face:
:beers:

1 Like

They needed a buff in PvE.

Why they havent nullified all buffs in PvP and just Kill Command is beyond me however.

2 Likes

Why not nerf them in PVP, they are currently in almost every group I see.
This sucks.

The fact that fire mage and bm hunter buffs aren’t only in non-pvp situations is very out of touch. Those classes are already dominant, buffing them makes exactly no sense whatsoever. This patch is shaping up to be less entertaining in pvp than 9.0.5

4 Likes

You’re a Mage…by all accounts you might want to think twice before demanding popular classes get nerfed.

Have you seen the season 2 dps chart? both MM and BM are bottom and SV is slightly higher but not even in the upper half. When the entire class is down, something need to bee done, and this fix is just small, more is needed tbh!

People aren’t asking for pve nerfs, but for pvp nerfs only. So what relevance does where they sit in dps charts in pve have?

2 Likes

I specified in my post that I’m talking about 2v2 arenas… I’m not even familiar with the 3v3 meta or how prominent hunters are there, but they’re busted in 2v2 and they should address it somehow, not buff them even further ahead of everything else.

It clearly seems that PVP and PVE are going almost opposite ways. Hunters lacking dps in PVE and according to you doing good in PVP. Guess they should be doing things separately but that sounds like an even bigger mess … :confused:

Probably because BM hunters are 15th for specs in 3’s? Class rep for hunters in general last season was also 3rd lowest.

They don’t balance for 2’s, no tournies for 2’s etc. Even had no titles for 2’s for a long time. Still no glad or ‘r1’ for it.

Sad thing is, hunters probably still need bigger buffs but they won’t because people cry when hunter specs are doing good these days.

Looking at last season, 2’s rep… https://www.arenamate.net/representation-charts/archive/sl-s1#!2v2

BM hunter was super low, all hunter specs were until super late season. Doing better currently this season with early gear, but still Warriors better.

2 Likes

Why would it? They tuned warriors separately and it works just fine.

The buff i didnt know we needed Praise be to Blizzard