Class Tuning Incoming – 15 November

oh the tears from all the shadow priests crying because they cant get everything…mmmmmm i love it!

It was only changed because of M+, had it prior for YEARS without issue… it was already restrictive by its mana cost to later have a 45s CD.

Be honest: 2 factors.

• I cant remember the last time SP actually did competitive DPS. It has always been trash tier. So its just more efficient dps wise to bring another class. Historically speaking.

• In previous expansions, survivability was not the issue in dungeons. But DPS. Healers could just heal the dot and get it over with. In other words: Historically speaking the healer meta has always been dominated by healer DPS rather than HPS.

And that is why MD was not an issue in previous expansions.

are you all ready for double dh in keys? reroll now :rofl:

“They bring too much utility… So lets nerf the damage buff !”

Seriously ?

Stop nerfing Aug.

They’re trying to give specs pros and cons to add more subjectivity to measuring performance. If everything simply comes down to numbers there won’t me much variety in a game.

UH Dk will be s tier with these buffs

hahaha xD Wait until you see the fyralath procc

1 Like

Damn. There’s a lot of whining in this thread, coming from all classes.
Maybe the game is balanced after all?

It has never been… sometimes I think high end players secretly send some money under the counter to get their spec in a good spot :confused: HDH is currently a high damage meta… and Blizzard is like: you know what? Let’s nerf VDH :saluting_face:

hey blizzard any chance to make necromancer’s bargain [pvp talent] in to a choice nod whit army of the damned, it would be cool to have a single target disease that buffs the plague damage they take.

Ele buff pls i beg you

1 Like

False. Example: RShaman is caster healer with Water Shield, MW is melee healer with Mana Tea. Different mechanics (flavours), but numbers wise, they have to provide the same HPS and mana regen.

Same thing extends to utility.

So you can and should have the different flavours of the same candy. But if some candies are bigger than others then why get the smaller candy?

What would be the equivalent of mass dispel for other classes that isn’t mass dispel?

OK… to get the point across lets talk about BL and Battle Ress for a seccond:

Originally only shamans (horde) had BL. So what did they do? They made up “space goats” so the alliance could have it too.

Then tired of having to make up excuses as to why XXX race could be a shaman, they simply gave it to mages and changed the spell name.

Originally only Druids had Battle Ress. So what happened there? Same thing as BL.

However… what about Shaman tremor totem? What happened to that? Well its SO niche that it does not give any special advantage overall.

So TLDR: You choose.

• A) If you want a super usefull, game-breaking spell that can cheese bosses and give an unfair advantage, then everyone should have something like that. Via a skill and/or an item (drums/ invi pots) that can give you a partial effect.

Then reduce MD CD to 40s as it was and give it to atleast 4 healers. Minimum. And a couple of DPS. And make an item/pot that can do the same every 5 min or something like that.

OR, increase the CD to 2 min like they did now.

• B) If you want something super niche (like Tremor Totem) then you can reduce the CD to 40s. But then it cannot be game-changing. So it should not be able to dispell magic. Only Diseases. Defenetly not boss mechanics, Bursting, or other things.

Those are your choices.

I think their game dev team is a bit troll :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And 10 years later when every class has a self heal, movement speed increase, defensive CD, teleport ability, absorb shield, interrupt, BL, CR, soft CC, hard CC… the game will finally be balanced?
High end content will always be dominated by metas no matter how small the imbalances are, so excessive homogenization will just kill the fun in class identity.
This is obviously not just about class design but also encounter design.

From the perspective of an “armchair dev” such as myself, over the last decade encounters turned into dodging/soaking circles while classes lost most of their cool spells.
In the meantime all I hear is how unbalanced the game is. So I guess what I’m saying is I hope it was worth it.

1 Like

you need to lower the utility a bit more and increase the damage because even the current version of the spec is a pain for low keys. yes it makes a god comp in high keys and it’s a problem that it became a must have but people also play it in low keys and if the dps isn’t enough , aug becomes useless

1 Like

You dont need to homogenize things like that… You are over simplifying things.

Look: RShaman is a caster heal with water shield as a mana-regen mechanic. MW monk is a melee healer with mana tea as a mana-regen mechanic. Each one does the same HPS, and has a mana-regen mechanic that operates differently.

Both have their flavours and are unique. But mana-regen in a healer is too OP. So either we all have some mechanic to regen mana, or none of us has.

Just to prove my point: Look at the new affixes Afflicted and Incorporeal. And the drama they generate because there are classes that CANNOT deal with it. Because being able to deal with the affix is a core part of the game. And if you cant, then you are at a distinct dissadvantage.

Back to MD. SP could dispell bursting. Do you think MD should be able to dispell that? Based on the results of Incorporeal and Afflicted?

Get my point now?

This is wrong it was Hunters who got it FIRST then Mages got it.

For M+ you are prob right for Raiding however then you are historically just factually incorrect as Shadow Priest is in the top 3 best dps classes in the entire game with Warlock and Mage the other 2 options.