Class Tuning Incoming – 23 August

thats their goal. make 1 best spec/class and ruin all others like they did with prot pala. his mana changes is joke for 1st april

1 Like

this is sad truth

I actually did didn’t I. What I mean by that is their PI provides an immense amount of damage, although I do disagree with many here that SP damage on its own is borderline low.

It’s true they’ve got way more.

Mind Soothe is completely broken. Any dungeon that tries to prevent skips is going to be having problems with Mind Soothe. Mind Soothe should simply not work against stealth detection. Shadow Priests are completely killing rogues with this thing because it is an improved version of a major rogue utility cooldown. Same for mages now really, but that’s rather new and of course SP’s begets mages.

:man_facepalming:

If holy paladins wasn’t so strong, you would have disc priests or holy priests doing PI, mass dispells and mind soothes etc.

Shadow priest would quickly be out of the game if holy paladin becomes weak enough or priest healers become strong enough to be a viable choice, so that you can get a disc or holy priest in there instead. Shadow priests damage isn’t even strong. A disc or holy priest also doesn’t care that much about how long cooldowns people have, they can hold the PI until someone can blast while a shadow priest pretty much plays around 2 min CDs.

The only reason shadow priest is taken is because holy and disc can’t be taken because they’re too weak compared to a holy paladin.

So what you’re telling me is I’m stupid for noticing that priests ruin rogues because if heals wasn’t so OP then all the SP’s would become HP’s and rogues would still be useless? Is that it? Well that still makes rogues useless.

You’re making absolutely no sense.

And you’re not correct either. Let’s go back before the patch with the wayback machine. We can’t use the stats because they’re pulled live, but we can use the ladder below:
https://web.archive.org/web/20230619001023/https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-df-2/all/world/leaderboards#role=all:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=25:maxMythicLevel=99

Oh look, SP’s everywhere. No healing priests. Now it’s full of preservation evokers as well. So SP’s are a better choice for the same utilities for two healers.

Either way, it’s clear that these utilities are massively broken and I’m sick of being told they’re not. They’re breaking the whole season, all 8 dungeons included. The only way to solve this is to remove skip prevention in new dungeons which is not a good idea either.

Oh by the way, they were the 4th most common spec last season. Just saying.

:man_facepalming:

Why do I even try. I just told you earlier it’s the dungeons of this season that makes them so strong this season.

Holy paladins were stronger than holy/disc priests even before 10.1.5.

And I told you it’s impossible to design a dungeon that doesn’t make them strong. Go ahead, come up with one.

It’s not. You can just place packs/mobs in a way that doesn’t permit mind soothe skips(You can’t skip the enforcer at the bridge in freehold after 1st boss with mind soothe, as an example, because there’s not enough space to walk past even with mind soothe) and they can stop throwing magic effects on the whole party that needs to be dispelled or you die.

Mind soothe also only works on humanoids and dragonkins, if there’s beasts, elementals or undeads or anything else that’s not humanoid or dragonkin, mind soothe doesn’t work. Almost all dungeons this season are filled with humanoids and dragonkins, which makes mind soothe work on almost everything. They could just place a beast, elemental or anything that’s not humanoid or dragonkin in a pack and you can’t skip it with mind soothe.

Like Brackenhide, priests can open the cages without pulling anything because the gnolls are all humanoids and for some reason they didn’t put beasts by them, so you can just mind soothe all the mobs around the cages and open the cages. The gnoll clearly utilize beasts, why not place some by the cages? That would stop priests from being able to open the cages without pulling anything.

He giveth and he taketh away - ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

Guys guys… As our friend here mentioned, Aug is the #1 problem busting M+.

I PREDICTED this would happen in 10.1.5 beta. My post from June 21st.

As an answer, I overwhelmingly got “its nice for the game”, or, “it will be fun to play”, “support specs are in X/Y game and they work”, ect…

Now we got this cancer of a spec (Aug) that is literally breaking M+ for everyone. Just delete Aug right now.

And restart the Support spec experiment in 11.0 or in 10.3 or something like that. Except this time, please do a proper support spec, with properly balanced dungeons to accommodate it (as in 1-1-1-3 groups). NOT a half-baked DPS spec. The latter being a ridiculous excuse to fast track this disaster of a spec…

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out , i just didnt feel like having a row about it as he is never wrong.

Mid-season tunings. :sleeping:

There is no forced AoE dispel in most dungeons yet SP’s are still at the top. There are just a couple. In fact some dungeons have no AoE magic dispel possible at all while others still are very easy to deal with because they’re also a slow. So yeah.

It’s true that most dungeons are filled with these two creature types, and I’ll tell you why. Firstly, we’re playing DF. It’s okay to tune things around an expansion. Second, humanoids and dragon kin are the only creature types of great intellect in the Warcraft universe, as is also the case in any other fantasy setting, and therefore the hardest packs will tend to contain these. It’s not a 100%, but it’s likely.

So now we’re having to warp the fantasy of the game and mess around with expansion themes just because of Mind Soothe? Right.

You could also make the entrance hilariously narrow like you said, but you know what this does? Kill rogue skips, too. Might allow mage skips if it doesn’t detect invisible though.

The only way to have a rogue skip that doesn’t serve as a priest skip is using beasts or elementals. Pretty much.

That’s not good. Especially not in Dragonflight.

I should also note that shadow priests outnumbered all mages combined last season. Was last season also incredible for SP incidentally?

And all of this because you can mind soothe mobs that are alert. Lol.

Imagine if mass polymorph could be used against all mobs that are humanoid or beast, including ones that are now immune to CC. It’s the same thing, really. It’s absolutely bloody absurd.

Zalosno brate moj :confused:

What are you even talking about.

Take some popular usages of mind soothe:

Mobs after 2nd boss in HoI:

Dragonkins and humanoids.

They could place a mechanical unit there or an elemental or a beast. All three are already present in the dungeon. They clearly have mechs as can be seen at the start, so they could place mechs there.

They could also place the mobs in a way so there’s no room to walk past them with mind soothe, just like the enforcer at the bridge in freehold.

Brackenhide:

Stinkbreath - clearly the gnoll utilize beasts as seen with the hyenas some packs walk around with, why can’t stinkbreath walk around with beasts by his side?

Cages? Why are there no beasts by them? You can just mind soothe every mob around them and open them without pulling anything as a result. There’s clearly gnolls that utilize beasts in the area. They could also change the placement of the mobs around the cages so you can’t get close enough even when they’re mind soothed to open the cages without pulling them.

Path to first boss in freehold:

They clearly use dogs in there, why would it “warp fantasy” if they put a dog in those packs?

I just don’t see how any of this would “warp the fantasy of the game” or “mess around with expansion themes”.

It doesn’t. The rogue can distract the mobs so they look another direction and doesn’t detect the stealthed players. People can also walk pretty close without pulling while stealthed, closer than is possible with mind soothe.

You can also bait the mobs to look in another direction before you run past behind them while stealthed if you think there’s a risk of them spotting you in stealth.

The rogue can also sap mobs if they’re vulnerable to CC to stop them from detecting players in shroud.

1 Like

Anyone with half a brain cell knew this would happen.

1 Like

As we continue to closely follow gameplay data and player feedback

Ok let’s be honest here. You don’t follow any gameplay data or feedback… These nerfs happened with each wave the great push event. Which would probably explain the lack of buffs to other specs since there’s only been one meta comp… and I’m guessing pvp changes are due to the recent area tournament.

If you actually listened to anything the community had to say or looked at any real game data, then you’d see the real issue. I can’t believe the lack of actual class balance this season.

There are so many specs ingame that eat a$$ right now and you literally don’t even care. Sure, keep nerfing damage because you’re clueless and don’t see the real issue which is utility and lack of class balance to underperforming specs.

Let’s look at mythic+ for a second. How does people pushing 30/31 keys hurt the game? Who thought killing the season half way in by nerfing the only viable comp was the best solution? Why could’nt you just tone down the utility of the meta and buff other specs so that there damage was on par?

Let me guess. It’s too much work right?

You can’t balance classes to be 100% equal. Also people that care for 0.1% title will always reroll to a class that is 1% stronger. They care about the title not to push title with a random spec.

With all the changes to this number I think a more permanent solution would be 100%+(number of days since last major patch).

1 Like

That’s the point. There is no .1% title anymore without huge buffs to other specs. The desicion to nerf god comp mid season killed the season. If you rereolled to anything right now, it would’nt even matter. Even with these nerfs and tiny buffs THERE IS STILL NO ALTERNATIVE (that even comes close to achieving what the meta the achieved).

1 Like