Class Tuning Incoming – 26 July

Called it. Made a thread about how exactly this situation would start happening on bosses exactly like this (with that exact boss as an example) the day the changes went live. If they are actually listening to feedback, they’d address it.

Self healing costing mana is ridiculous. Cleanse and WoG costing 25k mana is ridiculous. The people that say they don’t have issues at 20+ are because everyone at that level/rating knows exactly what to do on each pack/boss pull and how to manage. The casual player running 12-16 keys will have issues as more players in the group have to make up for others lack experience with said dungeon/affix/their class (because you find a lot of alts in this range).

Not only this but they put these high mana costs in without buffing survivability in any other way. We have 4+ offhealing talents that weren’t changed either.

Watch a DH, Bear or Warrior zugzug their way through damage meanwhile a paladin gets punished for using their utility or trying to heal themselves because their healer is struggling.

3 Likes

I dont understand why dont u guys care about ret paladins they have a very low st in mythic + and they are not even doing that good in aoe

orly?

2 Likes

Good job whoever thought this is a good idea. (sarcasm)
Now please can we NOT have the unpaid interns doing class balancing?

2 Likes

hasn’t it been known for ages???
even a child can test it in the city extremely quickly.
prot paladin has become a laughing matter.

1 Like

I do agree, but I have a feeling blizzard wont for years consider Aug as a support and redesign all classes after it.

My solution, make augmentation evoker a tank with a touch of support. Like instead of like Prot palas team heal have so augmentation buff mitigation. Having perscience, breath of eons. Nerf ebonmight quite a bit or remove it all together.

Honestly, Im not seeing a bright future for Aug right now as much as I love the spec. So I hope for the best they make it a tank instead of a dps since we already have devoker

Not sure that would make a huge difference regarding prot warrior situation, ie being completely useless compared to other tanks which can bring off healing and dispells.

Never expected the rogue class to be abandoned like enh shamans were back in tbc :peach: I have a feeling that all assa rogues will get is a new Mutilate icon :kissing_heart:

Just FYI the only tanks that has not done key level of 29 is not Warrior it is Paladin and Monks.
Prot Warriors is absolutely capable of doing the content

2 Likes

Yeah and it’s not like VengDH can heal and dispel group members too but it is still a desired tank.

1 Like

This looks more like an emergency buff rather than a fix. As in “we cannot commit resources to this spec, but we need to give them something”.

Also, I might not be too well read on all things meta, but aren’t Mistweavers consistently ranked worse than Shamans? I’d say we’re permanently switching between D and F tier. So if you don’t want the 5%, I’ll take those scraps in a pinch :wink:

very true other than that it has soothe and md which is also very strong

Hunter i still very Bad … how about some good changes ?

1 Like

This and so much this.

Nothing to add there.

Cries in dragon

Defile in Unholy still invisible for tanks, still force us to stay in one place, and still hide all aoe by animation of spell. DK dead in keys more than in lore now…

Have you not played other RPG games with support damage roles? Usually they’re given slightly weaker nukes and a combination of buffs, some healing and strong crowd control. They’re not supposed to be total wet noodles. This was clearly not Blizzard’s intention either:

Personally (personally) I would like for Eruption to feel impactful to use and not just a pretty animation that extends Ebon Might. I’m only worried that because of the way it spreads its damage the buff will be negligible.

Literally unplayable now. :pensive:

The base evoker class is clearly not designed with tanking in mind. There is very little focus on defence and survivability and a lot of emphasis on mobility, damage and healing. Other than that, I think it is a supremely bad idea to convert the game’s first support spec into a generic tank.

‘‘Have you not played other RPG games with support damage roles? Usually they’re given slightly weaker nukes and a combination of buffs, some healing and strong crowd control. They’re not supposed to be total wet noodles. This was clearly not Blizzard’s intention either’’

To a sense I agree but also disagree, the entire purpose of a support class is to SUPPORT, not do damage like a DPS or heal like a healer.

The best MMORPG out there with support classes is probably LOTRO, captain, lore-master, yellow line burglar. and they all follow the same line(more or less).

Support is suppose to do about 40-50% of the dmg of an ACTUAL DPS and the rest should come by buffing allies, debuffing enemies, off healing(when needed) or general CC( CC is not a great comparison for wow as wow PvE is not designed for heavy CC like some other games with boss breakbars and such, and obviously in PvP you dont want another rogue with every CC Dr in existance).

Sadly blizzard has no QA or QC team(clearly visible by the lack of testing of anything every patch we get). so they kind of just throw darts at a board and see how it lands.

honestly I think they should relook at the real culprit classes that are showing Aug as too strong cough Spriest, Fmage cough who are playing in season 3 at this point.

Edit: wrong info about the total dps nerf( its 5%)

Any reason Havoc DH is ignored completely again?

Been mediocre B tier forever in both PvE and PvP content. Talent tree feels awful, defensives are awful, single target damage is low…