Class Tuning Incoming -- 14 December

No.

The nerf barely affects blood DKs, because their self-healing is based on their damage taken.

The nerf barely affects prot warriors.

Will barely do anything to paladins either because you have a million CDs to cycle.

I doubt you’ll even notice it when healing these classes.

Brewmasters on the other hand took a huge hit, because they’re already weak. The weakest took the biggest hit from the nerf.

10% is 10%.

Anyway, I have to go to bed. Good night. :sleeping:

That’s just about the most dumb thing I’ve ever read.

If a DK takes a huge hit their death strike gets stronger. If they then take another huge hit, death strike gets even stronger. Increasing the damage they take by 10% just increases the healing they do with death strikes. It basically doesn’t affect them on any level most people are playing at or will play at. DKs are almost entirely binary, they’re either alive or they’re dead. Giving them a 10% damage reduction nerf doesn’t really achieve much at all.

If a monk takes a huge hit, they don’t have anything that gets stronger, it just goes into their stagger and what doesn’t go into stagger spikes them. If they then take another huge hit, they might very well cap out on stagger and then they will take the full force of the hit as spike damage. They don’t function like a DK and as such a 10% nerf to their damage reduction hits them a lot harder than a nerf to DKs damage reduction.

1 Like

I give you the courtesy of responding to your posts respectfully, and I would appreciate if you would extend the same courtesy to me.

But you’re right that a 10% nerfs doesn’t affect all tanks in the same way. But again, that wasn’t my point, and I suppose I’m just not very good at conveying it, or you’re tunnel-visioning on Brewmasters needing buffs and dismissing every nuance surrounding that. Maybe it’s both.

Regardless, my point was to explain what Blizzard seem to try to achieve - i.e not just balance classes but also balance content. Using an axe for now.

Now bed! :upside_down_face:

Nice one nerfing Brewmaster, we already are the worst tank at the moment, this is just the final blow, absolute comedy

4 Likes

lol shortage on tanks, what can we do?

Aight, we got a bright idea, let’s f… them up even more so people who already hesitate on playing them, will now for sure let it pass!

1 Like

I have been primarily a tank since TBC when I started playing with second most played healer, and almost no DPS- I personally don’t find it fun when as a 370 DH Tank I can basically go in and solo m0, it literally doesn’t matter if anyone else in my group dies- because I can just do it on my own anyway, that to me atleast is not fun.

You mean, trying to balance the game so it can be fun?

Why, surely that’s a bad idea :upside_down_face:

It’s almost like with ilvl 370 you are outgearing the content

1 Like

Sure, but doing my first m0 I was 312 and none of my group was over 320- was still not really an issue- and at 370 my DH still has loot to get from m0 atm which is why I did more- I get your point, I just don’t feel like this is a place tanks should be at. I personally also feel like people shouldn’t try tanking when the tanks are as OP as they are, because eventually this has to stop- personally I feel like 10% more damage taken is not enough. This also doesn’t make there be less difference between a good and a bad tank- the difference is going to be as apparent atleast as far as I’m concerned.

Paralyse, touch of death, ring of peace and mystic touch comes to mind- there are always reasons to pick any tank. Blizzard are working on balancing them- maybe they will increase other things, like shuffle, self sustain or stagger? Personally I think stagger might be a big reason why they may struggle with balancing brewmasters, but I don’t know?

Sure the BM tank has nice utility, but if he can’t do his basic job aka. tanking, why bother taking him anywhere?
A tank that is not tanky is useless, even if he’d give his team 30% increased damage. And that’s to my knowledge the big problem with BM monk atm.
Besides paralysis, RoP and mystic touch are available to DPS monk as well who performs much better in his role. Touch of Death scales with his current health, so if you have a paper tank it’s even outperformed by the DPS as well, who have less max HP, but as DPS they usually have those HP, unlike the nearly dead or dead tank.

1 Like

Luckily touch of death is over max health and not over current health :slight_smile:

gotta love more DK nerfs…

not that we already had nerfs to Blood spec with last weeks nerf , we now have more nerfs

we are always the squishiest tank. but make up for it in healing .

why would you nerf blood DK AGAIN ?

Oh, then I missed when they changed that or I an too stupid to read his tooltip, but I’m sure it was like that.

rextroy solo mythic 0 as dps with 345 item lvl. meanwhile blizzard said tanks should not solo content :rofl:

gg blizzard m0 is a joke!

1 Like

Where did they say that?

read the blue post again :wink: again dont f. balance the game around m0 lol

We want healers to play a key role in keeping tanks alive, and tanks shouldn’t be able to easily solo large portions of encounters after the rest of their group have died

1 Like

Here :wink:

10 char

The fact they nerfed brewmaster just shows how clueless they are