Class Tuning Incoming -- 25 January

Tbf, it’s not healthy, if extrememy complex classes are meta. If a class like outlaw rogue is strong for bad players, it’s too broken for good players. Same with fire mage. Wow is not league → Blizzard seriously needs to redesign specs like those, or make all similarly hard, so it balances out

1 Like

These tiny changes will do nothing to help anyone or remove the OP m+ specs from the top. How can devs not understand the problems?

The reson why resto druid and evoker are so strong is cause they can mostly heal on the move, while other healers need to stand and cast.
The only way to fix this is to give them more instant aoe heals or remove the amount of swirlies everything puts on the ground that impedes most healers from healing during high damage phases.

Also, return vesper totem to shaman and the problem solves itself for them.

These tiny 2% to 5% buffs and nerfs are a joke. You don’t need to hit the meta slightly, you need to drive a hammer into it. This kind of tippy toe was how you unbalanced the factions. Have the courage to make the necessary changes.
Also the health nerf to outlaw. You think it’s gonna matter? They have like 10 second cooldown defensive on feint. You want to nerf their survivability, that is where you will find it. On dodge, on cloak, on vanish cooldown. 5% stamina, honestly. It’s like you are trolling.

Were are the BM hunter buffs ?

4 Likes

So dh can have this effect on eye beam but rets can f off ?? dh have best mobility best dmg and best defensive rets now will have ok ish dmg 0 defensive(bubble is 5 min cd that gets dispeled in 0.5 sec u apes) 0 mobility (and we have 0 mortal strike effects we have to do more dmg than others) how fing incompetent u are at ur job holy sh.t combine shield of vengeance and divine protection into 1 spell make unbreakable spirit 60% remove divine steed gcd also make divine shield apply divine protection if dispelled by another player

2 Likes

lol anything for shadow?

scream of the void bug fix is the only buff we need.

Wtf where are the DH nerfs???

Remember what you did to enha shaman on beta? 25% dmg nerf…yes do the same to demon hunter atleast 20% to all dmg (on pvp)and let’s get over with…They will still be top dmg I guarantee you…

25 January is too late, I think you need to fix this 2 month ago.

Only 5% for fire Sadge

1 Like

Where is Shadow Crash for Shadow priest?

Help demo warlock with casting for god’s sake you can’t stand still and cast shadowbolts while every other caster spam instant casts and you have 2 melees on you training you in arena!!! Make demonbolt instant with 3 stacks like conflagrate,redesign doom to do meaningful dmg every second , remove bad rng talents make soul strike CD scale with haste or make it 5sec or smth and make it remove roots from your pets. stop buffing tyrant it’s useless make our pets do dmg and give us a good dot like you did to rets bleed from pets or doom …for god’s sake do something everyone plays melee cleaves.You have warriors and DHS spam skills with crazy mobility while being simple classes to play and you have demo lock to just stand and expect him to cast shadowbolts and do dmg with doom which does 15dmg after 16sec GREAT!!!while being squishy as fk!!! Give demon armor back with 20% physical dmg reduction. Nerf tyrant and buff felguard to do some dmg…make soul strike do dmg like kill command…do smth you can’t have simple classes to outperform everything and casters nerfed and useless in pvp arena.

Riveting hunter changes old chap.

1 Like

I can mainly speak from a dps perspective. At the moment several dps classes/specs need help, that’s obvious. However, meta is mainly a concept coming from the increasingly toxic M+/raiding community of WoW. Take Outlaw as an example: A similarly geared DH can out-dps an Outlaw rogue and brings relatively more utility, or similarly or even less geared hunter can out-dps a rogue, due to hunter’s uptime and range with new dungeons. But people see several paid to play people or streamers, and go nuts over their choices (such as most rogues this expansion). I don’t mind a high APM class to play, actually it’s the reason I like playing Outlaw nowadays, but then what do I get in return for that relatively higher APM, and (relatively) harder gameplay?

In that regard, I see where you are coming from. Personally, I have played a rogue since vanilla, because I liked the class fantasy in the first place.

I think several “virtuous on the paper” mottos destroyed the game’s immersion and diversity a lot:

In my opinion “bring the player not the class” motto actually destroyed class diversity. Nowadays every class can do one thing or another of the same, so you don’t feel that different playing a particular class. Hence most people just go after the max numbers.

Dumbed down talents were a problem. Sure it’s a step in the right direction. But did talent trees of DF really solve anything in terms of diversity? You still see 1-2 cookie cutter builds at most, with no real choice, and most choices are forced on you, either by points you need to spend or via the edges of the nodes of the trees.

Difficulty by timers, or by numbers is just lazy game design. And these new dungeons having increased number of interrupt, and CC requirements is also lazy design, and unfun, if you ask me. In the end, this is an MMO (action) RPG most people play as a form of escapism. Why can’t we have fun, playing with some broken-strong abilities from time to time, instead of memorizing mobs’ abilities and playing stun/interrupt mini-games in dungeons? I’m not saying everything should be easier, I’m just saying I don’t feel having fun doing M+ in this expansion, especially with the fast consumption choices and toxicity of the younger generation combined with other reasons, as I observe.

World immersion is lost for a long while now. I admit DF, at first, feels better than SL. But SL did lower the bar a lot in that regard. And once you reach max renown with all factions, and loose any purpose to do those repetitive WQs, you further realize how empty the world is.

If such a big scale game would be designed just for a bunch of paid to play bunch to indulge their e-peens, and sacrifice the fun of the masses for that reason, then I personally do not support that. And yet Blizzard keeps ignoring their “normal” player base until their sub numbers hit the rock-bottom, and only then they do some actual changes most players want.

And if you think about it, almost all the “innovations” and “systems” introduced by Blizzard are, mostly, detested by the player-base in the end. Garrisons and mission tables in WoD, legendaries in Legion, covenants in SL etc. mostly because they proved to be mindless, time-gated content to keep you in the game for no reason.

And this cash-grab, cheap attitude also grew tiresome on me personally. I’m just bitter to see once such a beloved company to become so cheap. After all, the original leaders left Blizz for a reason no? (Except for Metzen coming out of retirement as a consultant, which, to me, shows their desperation even more).

I want to believe that a company such as Blizzard can ethically make money, with a fun game rather than applying cheap, old tricks in the book over and over again.

1 Like

Disappointing to see nerfs. Make other classes more fun, don’t gut the fun instead.

1 Like

And again thanks for buff round 4… but it will not be enough to fix fire or frost for dungeon.

Healing nerfs for resto shaman in PvP hahahaha ty blizzard very good job once again!!!

does this apply to pvp ???

why was this in the game in first place?

yes. it does XD

Please for the love of god, fix the Divine Toll. It’s not being cast properly on mouseover macros.

playing guardian druid is like :sob: