Class unlocks for more races - Which do you want?

Dh: panda, tauren and vulpera :ok_hand:

Let all races have worgen curse, except tauren,panda,vulpera and forsaken

I want to see Darkspear and Zandalari trolls with worgen curse

And imagine Dark iron dwarf and kul tiran worgens

Sin’dorei worgen and etc.

Void Elf Demon Hunters
Vulpera Druids
Human Druids&Shamans
Dwarf Druids
Night Elf Paladins and Shamans
Gnome Paladins
Draenei Druids
Worgen Shamans
Panda Druids
Kul Tiran Paladins
Nightborne Druids(Maybe even Demon Hunters somehow?)
Highmountain Paladins
Orc priests
Troll Paladins
Blood Elf Druids
Goblin Druids and Monks
Most of these are quite realistic to happen too, but the first 2 are like my biggest wish of all

2 Likes

That makes no sense though. Even orc demon hunter would make more sense lol

1 Like

I’m aware, still want them, let a fool dream :grin:

2 Likes

Night elf paladin.

Technically?
The Illidari since legion are traning new Demon Hunters, recruiting from the ranks of the Sin’dorei and Kaldorei, Ariana Fireheart traveled to the Fel Hammer to train Illidari adepts
This could be considered “canon”
And the Ren’dorei are Blood Elves just with a different name
Contrary to popular belief Void and Fel not reacts violently to each other. There was one boss mechanics, but thats all… all other “lore bits”, starting with the Nathrezim “demons” who used void and tons of other examples, WoW filled with examples how Void and Fel capable to co-exist.
But to make it simple, every Ren’dorei Demon Hunter “ate” a Voidwalker or other Void-tainted Demon? :thinking:
Could work…

Void elves have the whispers of the void in their head which can drive people insane.

Demon hunters have the whispers of a demon inside them trying to take control of the body.

The two together could in theory work, but i wouldn’t expect many to not lose their minds completely.

Yeah, I think, if they opened demon hunters up, orcs, etc. would probably have higher prio than void elves I think lol

At this point I think all races should have access to all classes, except Demon hunter.

back when World of Warcraft started it made sense, Paladins where an alliance thing, Shamanism was something the orcs practiced back on Draenor and the Tauren and trolls practiced it in some form too.

Now? we’ve had so much cross-contamination between all these races/peoples, surely atleast 1 of each race has met one of the other races and learned the ways of that class?

Even Evoker, I think eventually they should have access to appearing as all the other races in their visage forms.

I’d be interested in them opening the doors to all the “normal” classes for all races and then focusing on innovating the racials tbh

The worgen were created during the War of the Satyr by the grieving priestess Belysra Starbreeze and the rebel druid Ralaar Fangfire. They sought a solution to the wolf pack form, which embodied the full fury of the wolf Ancient Goldrinn, something the druids had never been able to command, and believed that the magic of Elune could tame its uncontrollable rage. She thus created the Scythe of Elune, which mixed the power of the moon goddess with the wolf form, turning Ralaar and the Druids of the Pack into the first worgen. They turned the tide in the war, but when Malfurion Stormrage called Ralaar (now known as Alpha Prime) a monstrosity, the worgen attacked the night elves as well. Malfurion was forced to seal them within the Emerald Dream after it was discovered that their bite turned other night elves into more worgen, through what is now called the worgen curse.
For some unexplained reason, the Worgen Curse works on Humans… who are totaly different species. Not even distant relatives, like say the Hight/Blood/Void Elves and the Night elves.
The Kaldorei are mutated/evolved Trolls
Humans are the result of an Old God “curse”, the Curse of Flesh and some evolution/devolution from the iron Vyrkul constructs
Even with “oh its magic” its dam hard to explain why the Curse jumped species especially on such a radically different one!
By all means and logic should effect everyone, but the High/blood/void elves deffinitly, since they are Kaldorei descendants, and even Trolls, because they are Kaldorei ancestors
And if the flesh cursed descendants of the Iron Vrykul constructs are susceptible to the Curse, then by this logic the flesh cursed descendants of the mechagnomes and Earthen, the stony titan-forged beings that were created by the Titanic Keepers should be susceptible too!

2 Likes

I want Night Elf Paladins and a clarification at long last whether Elune’s light is the same as “the Light”. It’s still unclear, imo, whether Priestesses of Elune and the playable class Priest are the same, so some development on this lore would aid in that situation as well.

Void Elf Demon Hunters make sense as well, kinda. One could have become a DH as a Blood Elf, then joined Umbric and become a Void Elf after that. I’m not sure if it’s technically possible with the two opposing forces and all, but at least lorewise and chronologically it should be possible.

Human or Worgen Shaman is overdue as well. Shamanism is something humans do in real life. It makes sense if they discovered this path in Azeroth. I get that you need to be attuned to the elements and everything, but if Kul Tirans can do it then other Humans should be able to as well.

If Tauren can be Rogues then Draenei ought to be as well.

Giving pretty much every race the Warlock and Monk classes seems pretty sensible as well.

All classes for all races. Zero reason not to (imo)

7 Likes

They could do all form looking like the skeletal horses for example, something like half with rot skin and no skin at all with bones only etc…

Would be sick tbh.

I actually like the restrictions on races and classes and think it adds flavor to the game that some classes are only available to some races based on lore.

Not a huge fan of the “everyone should be able to be everything”.

To be 100% honest. All Races for all Classes. All hairstyles, skin colours, eyes etc. for everybody. Let us choose animatios and dances too. 2 Passive Racials and 2 Active Racials - just call then Racial Traits instead. Add 4 different body types. And rework cloaks they still look like wet carpets.

Why you ask? Because it makes game better. More options to do whatever the hell you want.

2 Likes

I’m kind of torn on this.

On the one hand, I do believe all classes should be available to all races. Why? Because in the lore, us players represent maybe a handful people at most. Hell, sometimes we’re just one. With this in mind, I think there’s room to let the whackiest of things happen. Gnome Druid? Sure, why not. Some young lass went adventuring in Kalimdor, got lost and then found by a solitary druid who took her in. Eventually she picked up a thing or two, and for some reason nature took favour of her and granted her some of its power. This is a perfectly sensible background story when it happens to one person.

On the other hand, I’m cautious about doing it because like you say, it does take some flavour away from the lore. Night Elves are supposed to be the druidic people of Azeroth. Having everyone and his grandma running around in Stormwind casting Rejuvenation or turning into a cat would indeed take some of that identity away.

I think in the end, they’re striking a pretty healthy balance right now by allowing all classes you could realistically practice to become better at, while keeping some of the unique classes more exclusive.

But there are a few combinations left which would make sense to add, such as Monks and Warlocks for all.

The Sentinels are paladins: light (elune) worshipping warriors. It’s basically the lore for tauren paladins but for nelves. They should have came at the same time as taurens.

2 Likes
  • Orcs are specifically shamanistic, a Paladin wouldn’t make any sense
  • Undead Paladins are technically called Death Knights :stuck_out_tongue:
    But with the way Light flows through a Paladin and how any contact with the Light hurts Forsaken… A Forsaken Paladin would just explode I think.
  • Zandalari have had to give up Warlocks in favour of Paladins I believe, maybe for class-race balance reasons… but would be cool to have them back.
  • This would be super cool, Draenei Warlocks with Man’ari skins. Now that they’re kind of unemployed, maybe the healing process with the other Draenei can begin?
  • No. Just… no.
  • Yeah, that’s long overdue

I’m kind of torn on the Demon Hunters. Technically, with the Burning Legion defeated, there is no reason why you would make more Illidari. That was literally their purpose.
I’m pretty sure they had to sacrifice something to be DHs… Why would you even do this to other races if the Legion is gone?
Even Void Elves would be a push, as those were created from non-Illidari Blood Elves after Legion.

“The ability Glide has been disabled for Tauren and Pandaren Demon Hunters, as their weight exceeds the maximum carrying capacity”