Classic Era PvP Update - 6 December

This is for the game longevity. If people can’t reach rank 14 because of decay, there will be only 100 / 1’000 players with rank 14… Do you want to PvP with the same 100 players rank 14 in WSG/AB or let the 900 players who have not enough gametime reach rank 14 ?
1’000 players playing the game or just you 100 players?

Si t’as pas compris mon anglais laisse les gens tranquil… pourquoi jouer contre les mêmes 100 types nolife si on peut être 1000 joueurs… y’a pas de warsong ni de arathi qui pop et tu veux empêcher les joueurs d’avoir du stuff convenable… c’est quoi ton délire? farm des joueurs en stuff verts alors que t’es full T3? ça fait pas de toi un bon joueur. laisse les gens obtenir du stuff convenable et on pourra enfin jouer des parties équilibrées…

EDIT: j’ai perdu 3 semaines à faire le rang 10 à 11 parce que j’étais pas au courant qu’il fallait minimum 175k honneur pour pas perdre ma progression sur la “barre d’xp pvp”… c’est une grosse connerie ce system… tu peux pas faire de truc IRL, t’es obligé de sacrifier ta vraie vie pour le ranking, une grosse connerie

et quand je dis 100 joueurs c’est qu’une échelle, depuis le nouveau system on était 20-30 joueurs en Warsong par jours sur TOUTE la zone europe… et tu veux empêcher les gens de jouer…

Most of you didn’t even understand the change but are talking crap.
You STILL HAVE to reach the weekly cap for your rank, which means 6 to 8 hours a day for 3 weeks to go from 13 to 14.
The only difference is that you can now take breaks in between weeks.
No, you can’t play one hour a day and get rank14.

Agreed. Now you can play zero hours per week, and still have it, as long as… you push for one single week, once in a while. Even once a year. You don’t loose your progress.

Hey can we have the same on PVE side? A Naxxramas raid where I can damage the bosses just a few percent%, die, and when I come back I did not loose my progress and the boss health is not back to 100% ? :clown_face:

it’s still too much, even for somebody who have no job or responsabilities…
the progress decay and the weekly cap is too high sacrifice of time… Specialy in an insane AV farm = no fun…

Christmas soon and i don’t want to be de-ranked because of missing 2-3 days of “ranking”… this is ridiculous gatekeeping

How much people are good and skilled players can’t reach rank 14 because of time missing?

We want to play, let’s go with no weekly cap/ decay PLEASE BLIZZARD ACTIVISION MICROSOFT

Kaivax, can you please remind yourself of the below from Blizzard, and remind yourself what Classic is supposed to be? (spoiler: it is not SOD, it is not Classic+)

https://youtu.be/wS1juqaiW3o?t=1801

We wanted to come up with a framework that would help guide us. And first and foremost, really, is authenticity as our goal.
We want to create an experience that feels just like 2006 World the Warcraft.
[…]
We understand that that is a key part of the experience and anything that might threaten to undermine those dynamics is something that we need to be very suspect about and again use authenticity as our guide.
Even if it might seem minor at a glance those small changes could have large ripple effects that would change the way players related to the world and to each other.

https://youtu.be/wS1juqaiW3o?t=1871

Finally we really had this one 1.12 data that we’ve been able to restore and we viewed that as it almost sacrosanct.
That’s everything from, you know, the world and the quest lines and the stories, to individual player abilities, creature health, tuning and so forth.
There’s some changes in code and in architecture in the way the client responds to the server and vice versa that if we let stand, using the modern structure, might have caused this data to produce a different result when it comes to things like game balance and we definitely worried that if we ever felt like the result was different in a way that compelled us to crack this open it would very much be like opening Pandora’s box.
Because the second we start to substitute our modern judgment to solve problems from 12 years ago, we are deviating from our goal of a historical recreation of the game as it was, and making something different… and that’s something we want to avoid.

source: Ion Hazzikostas’s entire segment from Blizzcon 2018 panel “Restoring History - Creating World of Warcraft: Classic” - https://youtu.be/wS1juqaiW3o?t=1724

is 39 bracket still active??

Can somebody clarify please if this makes the rank 14 grind easier or harder? Not super familiar with the system, hence why asking. From what I know about the system is that the more people participate, the harder it is to climb. Hence, I’d imagine if people on high rank cannot de-rank due to lack of honor decay then it’d throtl those ranks. Again, I’m probably wrong, hence why asking.

Ok, boop, yes boop

:sweat_smile: when season ends?

just gotta try make logs work hahaha

This is my current standing for the week

If this is implemented shouldn’t the tooltips in the honor tab reflect this?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.