Classic has more daily players than retail

Compare the numbers during Dragonflight pre-patch and you probably get a different result. WOTLK is peak hype at the moment. All that said personally I don’t have any interest in Dragonlands, I’ve enjoyed my time with Classic far more than retail during the last couple years, it’s not even comparable.

1 Like

You replied to the wrong person?

Edit to add - if someone is harassing you, please use the report tools.

Good question, I assume a lot has got Shadowlands like me and are trying it out, because I see a lot in the lower areas…

I think it’s very even in numbers, even though it’s just a thought since I have nothing to measure it on.

To be fair no one, other than Blizzard, knows any actual stats.

1 Like

Very true

I guess I am just pleased to see players in both games that I enter, since it was so empty at the end of Batte of Azeroth

1 Like

Fortunately that’s something I’ve never done. I have been on the receiving end though but Blizzard were very good at dealing with it.

2 Likes

It’s been great fun in Classic seeing it so busy. I am on a mega realm and I do hope I’ll be able to be on for launch night.

3 Likes

I am currently shifting between 3 realms, but are mainly on Mirage Raceway and even if I don’t play dungeon or are in guilds (outside the computer prevents me from fully engaging); I just love the enteraction between people and how helpful people in general are

2 Likes

Ah well, I have thick skin, one needs to have to be this place and so far I am not sad with the conversation between I and Puny, so just be free of anger this time mate

1 Like

There is tons to do in retail if you are a completionist and very little if you are anything short of that. Completionism went to the point that requires often unrealistic currency or rep grinds, often unrealistic RNG, daily/weekly login chores, camping rares for hours and often having to do things on different characters (with the cherry on the cake being the bunch of seasonal time limited stuff). Most people would look at that and tell themselves “nah, this is clear time waste so wouldnt bother to even begin!” (sub numbers reflect it after all).

Therefore, I certainly see the appeal of classic where you roll a character(yes, one character can get you anything you need) and you get immersed into Azeroth for as long as your spare time allows. Sometimes doing laps round Dalaran is all you need… There was someone that said it very well along the lines that if you add a lot of cosmetic and joke items into your game, your game eventually becomes the joke. Retain is now steered really far away from the initial high fantasy of what Warcraft represented.

Also, not sure if anyone else has this on their Facebook feed but ads that refer to current wow has predominatly the laughing emote on them and quite a few vicious comments (on store, token etc) while the Wrath ones that pop up tend to mostly be with the heart/like emote and people commenting that they should look into getting back etc.

Classic isnt really my thing but I can certainly go along with the chance that its currently got more players, and I would actually welcome that as a development.

AT LAUNCH

A very important thing to mention.

1 Like

We’re a group of friends playing together, although some couldn’t join us because the realm is locked. We have found a guild and will see how it works out.

I guess with three realms you have more chance of getting on one of them :smile:

You just need a healthy realm on Classic and it’s all good. Whilst they can’t maintain the numbers from launch of a new expansion (same in Retail), as long as they retain a reasonable player base then it’s all good.

I honestly don’t understand the people who have to have that ‘my game is better than your game’ stance. It’s all WoW. Enjoy the version or versions you prefer.

4 Likes

This again?

Did I go back in time to when Classic came out?

1 Like

Does it matter?

Alas ‘tis the way of things. Huge content droughts… I do not count farming gear from old content, that will be replaced in a few weeks, as new content. At least there are other games to hold my attention in the mean time.

It took me a long time to go play other MMOs, even though I do this every end of expansion, I hold onto playing WoW as long as possible. Classic stuff is a way of doing that but they made changes I don’t like and it’s pretty impossible to play with my friends without cross servers for me so that finally pushed me to other MMOs until DF.

Spot on, and probably can work the other way around as well (so, some newbies might not like Wrath and go try DF).

I remember the crowds at TBC’s launch and how it emptied quite soon :sweat_smile:

That too, well, apart from those “kill 1 named mob” quests. But for those, peeps were willing to group up :smiling_face_with_tear:

Yup, peeps appeared a bit friendlier too. Not to say they wouldn’t be but you know, more willing to cooperate even for reasons like the one I mention just above. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dont forget the minority called pvpers… #cryingfaceemoji

But do you guys even get anything?

It has more active players regardless of wotlke xpansions. Player activity was way stronger on classic long before wotlk was even annouced.